removing an email profile outlook 2016

Kimsan

Hi,
In outlook 2016, I have four or 5 email accounts set up.
There is one I'd like to remove, which is my work email which I know how to
do, but when I click remove, it says Account Settings
The primary account cannot be removed unless it is the only account
in the profile. You must remove all other Exchange accounts before
removing the primary account.
The other exchange accounts I have are icloud and outlook, but I don't want
to remove those just to remove the primary one simply because I think with
icloud email accounts, doesn't a person need a special password, wait, I
think it was called a secret password and for outlook, I don't remember the
password for when I set it back up.
Am I subjected to removing all accounts or is there a way to delete the
primary one.
The reason why I want to delete the work one, because I'm not back at work
until September.

Thank you,
Kimsan Song

kimsansong@icloud.com
Please check out my new EP titled I thought you new here
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mBMfy4DoouhVmDxHqONd4AJHL4d2vft4M

Gene

I would imagine your e-mail program allows you to tell it not to download messages from the account when synchronizing.  You can leave the account on the machine and have it be completely inactive until you tell Outlook to download mail again.  That will save you the trouble of removing and then setting it up again.

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 3:49 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] removing an email profile outlook 2016

[...]

I thought about that but admittedly I need to see how that’s done.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 3:49 PM

[...]

Thomas N. Chan

Can you go to
control panel
then to mail (Microsoft Outlook)
the first option you should find is email.
by default, it will open your your default profile
it will list all your email in that profile you open up.
you can find it, and remove from there.

else, you can go to send and receive and disable that particular account from downloading emails
Regards,
Thomas N. Chan