Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 5:56 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] restream.io

I want to send a live stream to multiple destinations. I looked at
restream.io, but it requires solving a captcha. Does anyone know of a
screen reader friendly multi-streaming solution?

Thanks,

George

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

Interesting, I use STreamyard but haven't run into a captcha. However, Streamyard is worth a look if Restream doesn't meet your needs.

The unfortunate bit with YouTube streaming is that it's difficult to bring in a guest on your stream, and streaming frusing certain platforms takes a lot of subscribers. I am not trying to make an assumption as to the number of subs, but this can be a barrier to some.

Zoom will stream to YouTube, but the quality of streaming isn't great, and I've found that sometimes, the stream doesn't start because of issues with the key or something, and have found Streamyard or Restream to generally be more reliable. Plus, you can stream to multiple places at once with Restream and Streamyard.

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

Thank you, and have a great day!

George McCoy

Thanks for the suggestion, gene.

On 11/10/2021 6:04 PM, Gene wrote:
I don’t know if this would meet your needs and I have had no experience except as a very occasional consumer but you can send live streams using Youtube.  I have attended a few of them.

You can also have people join Zoom meetings and then, if you, as the host, share your screen, you can stream both audio and video to all who have joined.

Others may have other methods but these may be worth considering.

Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2021 5:56 PM

I want to send a live stream to multiple destinations. I looked at
restream.io, but it requires solving a captcha. Does anyone know of a
screen reader friendly multi-streaming solution?

Thanks,

George

George McCoy

Thank you. I'm looking at everything right now. Don't plan to have guests. I am streaming live musical performances.