Right Windows Key doesn't work on New Keyboard

Ron Canazzi

Hi Mike,

I downloaded this archive and in all the listings when unzipped, I cannot see the Sharpkeys.exe or Sharpkeys.msi file to run.  Do you have a copy of this file? I know on the page you referenced they said something about the project has been shifted to Bithub, but when I went there, again, I did not see any installer files.

On 3/29/2021 12:55 AM, Mike B wrote:

Hi Ron,

Use a program like Sharp Keys.  Below are steps on doing what you want to do using the applications key as an example.

1. To use this utility you must press enter on the file:
"E:\Downloads\sharpkeys3\SharpKeys.exe." There is no installer and no entry
placed on All Programs menu or Desktop.

2. If it pops up, hit Alt + letter R when the "Open File Security Warning"
pops up. SharpKeys will then present it's user interface.

3. Tab to the Add button" and press enter.

4. You will be placed in a list box containing some 235 items representing
your keyboard's individual keys. Down arrow through this list until you
select the key you want to remap. Since I want to remap my Windows
applications key I will down arrow and select the following key: Special:
Application (E0_5D).

5. Tab about 3 times or until you reach the second list box. you can now
down arrow to select what you would like the new key to be. Since I want to
change the default Windows applications key to a second Windows key to the
right of the spacebar, I will select the following key: Special: Right
Windows (E0_5C)

6. Tab to Ok and hit enter.

7. Tab to "Write to Registry" and press enter.

8. You will receive a prompt informing you that you will need to either reboot or log off for the changes to take effect.

9. I rebooted and now I have a second windows key to the right of the spacebar.

Homepage:
http://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/

Download page:
http://sharpkeys.codeplex.com/releases/view/20569

Note: not necessarily intended for Windows7 but it worked on Windows7 64 bit
and windows 7 starter 32 bit.

JR

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.