Samsung Galaxy A10e usability for totally blind

Mary Smith

Lisa, once you get the new phone and start using it, can you post to the list and share your opinions about the accessibility of the phone from the perspective of a new user. I'd be interested in what others have to say before investing in the phone myself.

On 2020-08-13 12:11 p.m., Lisa Belville wrote:
Hey, Olusegun,

Thanks so much for the answers to my admittedly ignorant questions.  LOL

All of our phone stores are by appointment only, and masks and social distancing is a requirement, so little or no touching of each other's merchandise.

I ordered the phone last night and it should be here next week.

I think if I have enough rudimentary knowledge I may be able to move forward without any eyeballs.

Is it necessary to use the fingerprint reader or is it an optional thing I can set up later?

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com

On 8/13/2020 9:59 AM, Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc. wrote:
Tante Lisa wrote in part:

"Can I use the Voice Assist to do other things besides texting and calling?
What about Emails and surfing the net?"

You sure can!  VoiceAssistant will read to you every piece of info thrown at
it as shown on the screen.  If you can get to a phone store, I suggest you
take a short trip there and play with a Samsung toy that has VoiceAssistant
pumping blood to its veins!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Tante Lisa wrote in part:

"Is it necessary to use the fingerprint reader or is it an optional thing
I can set up later?"

Dear sis, security, security, security! I hear this one word thrown around
quite a bit. Like germophobes, security drives many off the wall! Use of
the fingerprint thingie falls in that line. I personally DO NOT use it. I
don't add any security anything to my toys. I suppose I am crazy, but I
dare anyone to attempt to STEAL MY TOY and see what such a thief will find
out! For a start, I hardly have ANY NAMES AND NUMBERS in my Contacts list.
If I do, I typically MAKE THE NAMES of such contacts impossible to guess
right. I have a knack for STICKING PHONE NUMBERS in my head and I wish
anyone trying to pry them out all the luck that can be found wherever.

If you wish to use fingerprint for additional security, you can set it up
when you're ready to do so.

Oh, Covid19!! It forces MY RESTLESS LEGS to find unneeded rest. I can't
sit in that plane to a land I know nothing about, simply popping in for my
own exploration as I mix with its inhabitants. All I can do is KEEP HOPE
ALIVE that some curative measure will pop up and some element of normalcy
shall return soonest.

There's a TMobile store not too far from my unshackled dwelling; I pop in
there now and then to play with new Android toys although I'll never ever
buy my toys directly from any carrier. Luckily, I don't need an appointment
to go in, just face covering; I can't get on the bus without face covering
either, and, all other stores require it too. Oh well, with fingers
crossed, I pray that better days, as the Reggae song says, are coming bye
and bye!

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado

Carolyn Arnold

Oh, anyone can access Siri, if they push Power Button, but
for Hay Siri, when my phone is on the desk, She's a
one-person gal, so far as I know.