Topics

Samsung phone won't connect to pc via USB

Fanus

Hello list
I obtained a new Samsung phone. I selected the Connections setting, then USB
and there are a few options and I selected "file transfer". When I plug the
USB cable into the pc the phone responds with "charging battery" which was
one of the choices but I did not select it. Can anyone suggest what the
problem might be? Also, I did a google search for Android phones which
accepts OTG so that I can use a USB keyboard and this phone was on the list.
When I plug the OTG cable in and connect the USB keyboard, the phone does
not "see" the keyboard.
Regards
Fanus

Mike B

Perhaps your cable is only a charging cable and does not support data transfer.