saving a message so that links remain links

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

This may seem like a basic question to most and maybe it is, but if I get an e-mail that I want to save in a way that the links in the message remain links that I can access later on what format do I need to save in?

Thanks, I just tried to save a message in txt format and when I reopened it after saving the links weren't there.

Troy

Gene

Text saves nothing but actual carachters such as letters and nnumbers.  I don’t know what options you have to save messages in.  Either save them as eml messages, which saves the actual message or in a format like HTML.  If you save in eml format, when you press enter on the message name, it will open in your e-mail program and it will be just as it was when you read it originally in the program.

I don’t know if any e-mail programs let you save the message in other formats, but if they do, and you save it as an HTML file, it will open in the default browser.

This may seem like a basic question to most and maybe it is, but if I get an e-mail that I want to save in a way that the links in the message remain links that I can access later on what format do I need to save in?

Thanks, I just tried to save a message in txt format and when I reopened it after saving the links weren't there.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Thanks Gene, I think I can save in html from thunderbird.

Troy

Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 3:40 PM

Hi all,

This may seem like a basic question to most and maybe it is, but if I
get an e-mail that I want to save in a way that the links in the message
remain links that I can access later on what format do I need to save in?

Thanks, I just tried to save a message in txt format and when I reopened
it after saving the links weren't there.

Troy

Abbie Taylor

You might also be able to create folders in Thunderbird and move messages to specific folders. It's been ages since I've used Thunderbird. So, I don't remember how this works. Look in the menus. I hope that helps.

http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com

abbietaylor945@...