Topics

saving bookmarks in Chrome

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

I'm puzzled. I've been trying to bookmark pages in Chrome, just as I used to do in MSIE, but when I go to Chrome, I can't find the bookmarked pages at all. I do what the dialog says, but they don't take for some reason. Can anyone help?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Greg Daniel <gdaniel@...>

Ann,

While in the website, press Ctrl-d; that will open the bookmark process, and then tab to OK.

I hope that this works.

Greg Daniel

At 05:25 PM 7/5/2020, you wrote:
Hi all,

I'm puzzled.  I've been trying to bookmark pages in Chrome, just as I used to do in MSIE, but when I go to Chrome, I can't find the bookmarked pages at all.  I do what the dialog says, but they don't take for some reason.  Can anyone help?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

Yes, that works, but they aren't showing up in the list. I have to go to search and then it comes up. Why can't I get a list of my bookmarks?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Greg Daniel <gdaniel@...>

Hi Ann P.

When you get to the list of your bookmarks, go to the bottom of the list and Up Arrow; for some reason, newer bookmarks are grouped alphabetically, unless there is something about Chrome bookmarks that I don't know (and that's probably a foregone conclusion).

Greg Daniel

At 05:45 PM 7/5/2020, you wrote:
Hi all,

Yes, that works, but they aren't showing up in the list.  I have to go to search and then it comes up.  Why can't I get a list of my bookmarks?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL:  akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

They may not be saving where you expect. Try control d, then tab around and see where the program indicates it is saving them. Also, are you using something like control d, then enter? Chrome says something like added to bookmarks when you use control d but they aren't. You can press enter to activate a default done button or you can tab to it and activate it.

I'm puzzled. I've been trying to bookmark pages in Chrome, just as I
used to do in MSIE, but when I go to Chrome, I can't find the
bookmarked pages at all. I do what the dialog says, but they don't
take for some reason. Can anyone help?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Gene

Remember that Chrome is obsessed with dis;playing interfaces as though they are web pages. At times, the web page interface is set up more or less like a dialog. Open the add bookmark, control d, interface, tab around, and see what you find.

Yes, that works, but they aren't showing up in the list. I have to go
to search and then it comes up. Why can't I get a list of my bookmarks?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Ann Parsons

Hi Gene at al,

I got it, I think. You do have to tab around a bit.

Ann P.