Saving contacts in outlook

Many of us

Does anyone know how I go about saving contacts in outlook? I have outlook 2019. I’m stuck as I am new to using it.

Thanks

shirley

Allen West

Hi Shirley,

Do the following.

1. Press Control + Shift + B to open the address book.
  2. Press Alt + F. You will land on New Entry. Press Enter
  3. Here you will find two choices, New contact or New contact group. Press enter on New Contact and follow the prompts with the Tab key.

Hope this helps.

Allen

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Many of us
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2022 10:57 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Saving contacts in outlook

Does anyone know how I go about saving contacts in outlook? I have outlook 2019. I’m stuck as I am new to using it.

Thanks

shirley

Madison Martin

Hi Shirley,

There are a few ways to do this:

From the inbox press control shift c

Then fill in the relevant info; make sure you’ve either selected the person’s email address first or that you’re 100% sure what it is/how to spell everything before doing this.

After you’ve filled in all of the fields that you need/want to then press alt s to save the contact

You can also press control 3 (on the number row) and then press control n and then follow the last two steps above

I recently learnt about a 3rd way which I love:

Open a message from the person that you want to add to your contacts

Then shift tab to the from field

Then press shift right arrow and then shift left arrow and your screen reader will say that the address is selected

Then press shift f10 and arrow down to add to Outlook contacts and press enter and all of the info will be filled in so just press alt s to save the contact

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Many of us
Sent: May 14, 2022 10:57 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Saving contacts in outlook

Thanks

shirley