Topics

Scanner/Printer with OpenBook

Veronica Kirk

Hello,

Those of you that have OpenBook, I was wondering which scanner/printer do you use.  I have an Epson WF 26-30 series, with a wireless connection.  A technician set it up for me, but it has now lost its connection.  I am thinking that maybe I should find a scanner that is easier to use.

Veronica

Gene

Do you want a separate scanner or a combination?  Also, do you want a book scanner or just a typical flat bed scanner?  I haben't looked into scanners for years but my impression is that the Epson Professional line is still good and popular among blind users.  Others, will, of course comment on what they use and have current information. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 7:38 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Scanner/Printer with OpenBook

Hello,

Those of you that have OpenBook, I was wondering which scanner/printer do you use.  I have an Epson WF 26-30 series, with a wireless connection.  A technician set it up for me, but it has now lost its connection.  I am thinking that maybe I should find a scanner that is easier to use.

Veronica

Gene

After seeing Mike's message, I realized I called the Epson series the wrong name.  It is Epson Perfection, not professional, as I mistakenly said.  I haven't looked into scanners for a long time and I forgot.

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Scanner/Printer with OpenBook

Do you want a separate scanner or a combination?  Also, do you want a book scanner or just a typical flat bed scanner?  I haben't looked into scanners for years but my impression is that the Epson Professional line is still good and popular among blind users.  Others, will, of course comment on what they use and have current information. 

Gene
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 7:38 PM

Hello,

Veronica

Monte Single

Hi veronica,

I’ve used Epson scanners for over 20 years.

You just need to make a note the next time you get your wireless connection reset.  It is quite possible  that your scanner also has a usb connection.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Veronica Kirk
Sent: January-14-20 7:39 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Hello,

Veronica

Veronica Kirk

Thank you all for your replies.  The computer that I have the scanner set up with is a laptop.  Since I lost my wireless connection, would that have anything to do with the fact that I use the laptop in different parts of the house?  I have noticed that it does have a USB connection.

Veronica

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:47 PM

Hi veronica,

You just need to make a note the next time you get your wireless connection reset.  It is quite possible  that your scanner also has a usb connection.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Veronica Kirk

Hello,

Veronica

Monte Single

It is possible that your wireless connection does notcover  all your house.  As you have a usb connection, just use a usb cable to connect your laptop to the scanner printer.  It should work as you already have the printer/scanner software on your laptop.

Sent: January-15-20 7:57 PM

Thank you all for your replies.  The computer that I have the scanner set up with is a laptop.  Since I lost my wireless connection, would that have anything to do with the fact that I use the laptop in different parts of the house?  I have noticed that it does have a USB connection.

Veronica

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Monte Single
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:47 PM

Hi veronica,

Hello,

Veronica