From: Loy
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2021 10:45 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Script error when opening email

I just tried to open an email from Amazon about my order and I got a script error. It asked me if I wanted run the script or not. Just wondering what this is? I never encountered this before.

Gene

A script error is a JAVA script error in the context you are discussing.  If the message is legitimate, the error probably doesn’t matter.  If you are in any doubt about the authenticity of the message, you should say not to run the script.  I would say to say no just in case the message isn’t legitimate.  You will probably be able to read it.  If you want to be extra careful, you can tell your e-mail program to read mail as plain text and see if you can read the message that way.