SE 2020 input please!

Dave Mitchel

I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.

Thanks Bunches!

Dave

Holly

Dave:

Not much of a learning curve at all for the new SE 2020. It still has the home button and is the same size as the iPhone 7.

I have had mine for six months and love it.

The battery is not as powerful as the more expensive phones, but it works for me, cause I don't do much on the internet or phone calls.

I usually only have to charge it every 24 hours.

Hi Dave,
The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@centurylink.net> wrote:

I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.

Thanks Bunches!

Dave

John Holcomb II

No Headphone jack.
John

The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@centurylink.net> wrote:

I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.

Thanks Bunches!

Dave

Mike B.

The SE2020 sounds a hell of a lot better.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:25 PM

No Headphone jack.
John

The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

> On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@...> wrote:
>
> I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.
>
> Thanks Bunches!
>
> Dave

James Bentley

Not only does the SE sound at least twice as good, it is way way, faster.

You can purchase a $10.00, short cable from Amazon that will allow you to plug your old headphones in to the new SE.  I just leave the adaptor cable attached to my headphones 100% of the time.

HTH,

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:25 PM

No Headphone jack.
John

The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

> On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@...> wrote:
>
> I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.
>
> Thanks Bunches!
>
> Dave

Howard Traxler

Please:  What is an SE?

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:25 PM

No Headphone jack.
John

The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

> On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@...> wrote:
>
> I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.
>
> Thanks Bunches!
>
> Dave

The SE is the second generation of the iPhone SE. actually I think it’s called the SE2.

Ashley

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:25 PM

No Headphone jack.
John

The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

> On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@...> wrote:
>
> I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.
>
> Thanks Bunches!
>
> Dave

Dave Mitchel

thank you to all who replied with input.

since I can get $200 off from my carrier I think I'll be doing this
exchange pretty soon.

Y'all take care and once again thank You!

Dave

On 7/13/2021 4:59 PM, Dave Mitchel wrote:
I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like
input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning
curve on the newer phones etc.

Thanks Bunches!

Dave

Monte Single

That would be the iphone SE 2020.

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:25 PM

No Headphone jack.
John

The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

> On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@...> wrote:
>
> I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.
>
> Thanks Bunches!
>
> Dave

Carolyn Arnold

But you can put an apple earbud set in the lightning connector at the bottom of the phone, just can't use it and charge at the same time, unless you have, like I do, a wireless charger. Then you can talk and charge to your heart's content.

The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@centurylink.net> wrote:

I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.

Thanks Bunches!

Dave

Carolyn Arnold

SE is a special Edition iPhone.

The SE2020 sounds a hell of a lot better.

Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"

The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

> On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@centurylink.net <mailto:dbmitchel@centurylink.net> > wrote:
>
> I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.
>
> Thanks Bunches!
>
> Dave

John Holcomb II

Not to me. I got an iPad Mini5 so I could have my headphone  jack after my first generation SE loses support (most likely next year.)

I also have the iPod Touch for the same reason, headphone jack

John

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:25 PM

No Headphone jack.
John

The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

> On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@...> wrote:
>
> I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.
>
> Thanks Bunches!
>
> Dave

John Holcomb II

Nope.

I don’t want more dongles.

And if I’m gonna go that route, might as well u use a dedicated headphone amp.

But also I can’t c  charge and use that adaptor at the same time.

Number one when picking any product is does it have a headphone jack or a line out jack.

John

Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 6:25 PM

No Headphone jack.
John

The only difference is that the new SE is a little bit bigger and your buttons are on the sides versus on the top and on the side. Let me know if you have any other questions,

Ashley

> On Jul 13, 2021, at 7:00 PM, Dave Mitchel <dbmitchel@...> wrote:
>
> I am considering updating my old SE with the newer one and would like input on whether they are worth upgrading or not. what is the learning curve on the newer phones etc.
>
> Thanks Bunches!
>
> Dave

Shelly Kane

You were asking about the iPhone SE 2020, well, the actual SE stands for Special Edition and it's the second generation as someone else said.  I just wanted to clarify that for you what the SE  stood for.  HTH!

Shelly