Topics

Seeking accessible TV recommendations

Steven Johnson

Apologies for being so ignorant.  The wife and I want to extricate ourselves from the $200 per month cable bill by cutting the cord.  Are there any Smart televisions on the market with good voice guidance on which apps like Netflix, Hulu and Youtube TV work well?  We probably will not be interested in a Roku box, Amazon Fire TV, or Apple TV.  We are looking for a TV that has voice guidance, and the apps that we want.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

gbmagoo@...

Samsung 32 inch QLED  smart tv.  It needs to be QLED and smart and have bixbie.

I just bought one from best buys on sale. It works great and all with menues red with speech, and also you can use your voice to change channels and etc.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 07:45
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Seeking accessible TV recommendations

Apologies for being so ignorant.  The wife and I want to extricate ourselves from the $200 per month cable bill by cutting the cord.  Are there any Smart televisions on the market with good voice guidance on which apps like Netflix, Hulu and Youtube TV work well?  We probably will not be interested in a Roku box, Amazon Fire TV, or Apple TV.  We are looking for a TV that has voice guidance, and the apps that we want.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Steven Johnson

That is what I’m looking for.  Thanks much!

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of gbmagoo@...
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Seeking accessible TV recommendations

Samsung 32 inch QLED  smart tv.  It needs to be QLED and smart and have bixbie.

I just bought one from best buys on sale. It works great and all with menues red with speech, and also you can use your voice to change channels and etc.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Steven Johnson

Pamela Dominguez

But what are you going to use to hook it up to?  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 10:47 AM

Samsung 32 inch QLED  smart tv.  It needs to be QLED and smart and have bixbie.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Steven Johnson

My WIFI of course, along with my subscription to Netflix.  Don’t need cable television to have Century Link internet.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 9:08 AM

But what are you going to use to hook it up to?  Pam.

Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 10:47 AM

Samsung 32 inch QLED  smart tv.  It needs to be QLED and smart and have bixbie.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

chris judge

I have the 43 inch Toshiba amazon fire tv. It works quite well and you can set it up without sighted assistance right out of the box.

Sent: November 25, 2020 11:45 AM