Seeking opinions of the orbit braille display

Michelle S

Hello listers, I'm considering getting one of the orbit braille displays but before I think of investing money in such a device, I'd like to get opinions from people who own these products. I'd like to learn about the pros and cons of the displays.

Thanks so much in advance for your feedback and opinions.

Michelle.

Joe Orozco

Pros:

* Price

* Crisp Braille reading experience

* 20-cell model is very portable

* Easy connectivity to other devices to serve as Braille display

Cons:

* I did not enjoy the Braille typing experience. This is using the
20-cell model. I found myself making a lot of mistakes, but to be
fair, this may take some getting used to.

* Lack of features. This is always going to be a controversial view.
How many features can you reasonably expect for the price point, and
also remember, Orbit never promised a long list of features. It was
never meant to be a full-blown notetaker.

Ask yourself what you're hoping to do most with the device, and use
that to help make your decision about whether to make the investment
now or aim for a different model. If it's mostly for reading, I think
it's a solid machine. If it's to do more production, you may want to
check one out from a dealer. Alternatively, there's always the option
to buy it, and if dissatisfied, simply return it.

I hope that was helpful.

Joe

--
Joe Orozco: Your Message, My Mission
https://joeorozco.com/services/

E.M. Kirtley

I purchased one of these, and am still not able to get it in to operation.  I followed all instructions that came with it, and downloaded the manual (nothing worked).  Contacted the seller, due to some health and travel issues they had I received no help.  I contacted customer support and never heard from them.  Good luck.

Ms. Kirtley