series dropbox issues

heather albright

Hello, I have issues with dropbox. I am trying to unlink a computer from dropbox so it will allow my desktop to be linked as one of my 3 devices. So we tried to activate  the process from the privacy settings tabb and it will show the tabb but, we cant get NVDA, JAWS OR NARRATOR TO CLICK IT   TO  activate   THE LINK TO BE ABLE TO UNLINK A DEVICE FROM THE ACCOUNT. HAS  ANYONE FOUND A WAY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN WITH ANY SCREEN READER? Thank you Heather

Richard Justice

Hi Heather,
The easiest way I have found to do this is with the Dropbox app on the iPhone.
You might try using the touch cursor with Jaws.

HTH,
Rick

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2022 5:29 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] series dropbox issues

Hello, I have issues with dropbox. I am trying to unlink a computer from dropbox so it will allow my desktop to be linked as one of my 3 devices. So we tried to activate  the process from the privacy settings tabb and it will show the tabb but, we cant get NVDA, JAWS OR NARRATOR TO CLICK IT   TO  activate   THE LINK TO BE ABLE TO UNLINK A DEVICE FROM THE ACCOUNT. HAS  ANYONE FOUND A WAY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN WITH ANY SCREEN READER? Thank you Heather

Gene

I'm not sure how you do this.  I unlinked a computer a month or two ago using the web site itself.  I played around and got it done but it wasn't clear to me just what I had done because that part of the site's controls didn't seem to work as expected.  If you need to, and don't mind the inconvenience, you should be able to unlink all, then sign in again if you have to.  I think there is an unlink all link or button. 

Gene

On 5/28/2022 7:07 AM, Richard Justice wrote:

Hi Heather,

HTH,
Rick

heather albright

Yes, I just managed it from the iPhone. It is a real shame, what if you do not have an apple device? Thanks everyone. Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2022 5:07 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] series dropbox issues

Hi Heather,

HTH,

Rick

Gene

As I said yesterday, I unlinked a machine a month or two ago using the web site.  I don't recall now just what I did but it can be done.  It may not work as expected in that you may have to perform a step or two that might not be clear but it can be done.

Gene

On 5/29/2022 8:58 PM, heather albright wrote:

Yes, I just managed it from the iPhone. It is a real shame, what if you do not have an apple device? Thanks everyone. Heather

Hi Heather,

HTH,

Rick

Gene

I just checked in Dropbox preferences in the program installed on my machine.  it appears that you can't unlink accounts in the program.  Here is what the title of the apparently relevant item says:
Unlink these accounts in Settings on web

In other words, you must do this on the web page, at least when using a desktop.  Activating this item evidently opens your default browser on the page where this is done.

Gene

On 5/29/2022 9:03 PM, Gene wrote:
As I said yesterday, I unlinked a machine a month or two ago using the web site.  I don't recall now just what I did but it can be done.  It may not work as expected in that you may have to perform a step or two that might not be clear but it can be done.

Gene

On 5/29/2022 8:58 PM, heather albright wrote:

Hi Heather,

HTH,

Rick