setting up a new Sonos speaker

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I'm supposed to receive the Sonos Roam speaker today, what will I need to do to set it up and can I do it all myself or will I need sighted help? This will be the first Sonos product I've ever had. I know I need to put the Sonos app on my phone but when I looked in the app store there seemed to be 2 apps, which one do I need to get? I have an iPhone SE.

Thanks in advance.

Troy

chris judge

Hi Troy. You want the first app showing, the one that says, introducing S2.

Once you download the app you can go in and create a sonos account. I haven't set up a new device in quite some time as my rooms are all full of sonos gear and I have nowhere else to use one right now lol. The process of setting up a new device should still be completely accessible and fairly straight forward. Give it a go. If you need some assistance give a shout.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: April 20, 2021 8:53 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] setting up a new Sonos speaker

Hi all,

I'm supposed to receive the Sonos Roam speaker today, what will I need to do to set it up and can I do it all myself or will I need sighted help? This will be the first Sonos product I've ever had. I know I need to put the Sonos app on my phone but when I looked in the app store there seemed to be 2 apps, which one do I need to get? I have an iPhone SE.

Thanks in advance.

Troy