Topics

Shopping Online With BJs Wholesale: App and/or Website

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

For the past year or so, I have been using Instacart to shop at BJ's Wholesale. What I have found is although it is a good enough service and it is generally decent with its personnel and deliveries, it does in fact mark things up quite high in price. Even with the $99 yearly free delivery membership, I am still paying about 15% more than if I shopped in store.

I renewed my membership online a few days ago and I noticed that in my area, BJ's itself does have a pick up in store program wherein if you have someone to help you pick up the groceries, the staff will do the shopping and then you can pick up the items a few hours after you make your online or app order.  The advantage to this is that you can use paper coupons, online coupons and even a separate credit, debit or EBT card. Instacart does not allow this.

I attempted to use the website and I was a  bit confused. It seemed that while some items were available for pick up and staff shopping that others were advertised as in store shopping only. Or at least that is what it seemed like because the pick up in store checkbox was grayed out--according to my screen reader.

Does anyone have experience with the BJ's website where the staff does the shopping rather than ordering through Instacart?  How about the BJ's app?  Does anyone have experience with this app and if so how accessible is it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"