Topics

signing up for amazon prime

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I have the 30-day trial of amazon prime for now, and I know that normally after the 30 days that I'd automatically be charged but I called and asked for that not to happen right after I got the trial a couple of weeks ago. I decided that I do want to keep prime though, so I called the amazon disability line and was sent a link to amazon.com/prime but I don't see anywhere on there to sign up. Unless I have to wait for the trial to run out before I can sign up can anybody tell me what to do to sign up? Btw I want to pay monthly.

Thanks.

Troy

Troy,

            Even if you're dropped from Amazon Prime, you can sign up again (and permanently if you so choose) on your very next Amazon purchase.  Amazon pushes Amazon Prime so heavily that it's hard to avoid offers from them when purchasing to become a Prime member if you happen not to be one.

            As an aside, for anyone who's an Amazon shopper, and would like to support any one of thousands of charities, including your local ones, consider using smile.amazon.com (and the site is owned and operated by Amazon, and is indistinguishable from main Amazon) and going through the process of setting up the charity you'd like part of your purchase amount to support.  It's really tiny, but there's no direct cost to you, and all charities can use all the help they can get.  I don't use Amazon nearly as much as many do, so I've only generated a massive $4.47 for the charity I chose, but every little bit helps.

Howard Traxler

Must I sign up for a real charity?  Or can I pretend to be a charity and send it to myself?  OK, I know.  Can't do it; but not to worry; I'm gonna win the lottery this week.

Howard

On 9/13/2020 11:14 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
[...]

Bryan Hagenau

I have Amazon prime and I love it.

On 9/13/2020 2:16 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
[...]

Don’t forget that if you qualify for low income you can get a very big discount for monthly subscription to prime. I am on Medicaid so I qualify… You have to show proof. It’s the same as a regular prime subscription you just can’t share your account. You should be able to call Amazon Disability and ask them about it… I love that line I never use anything else.

Melissa