Topics

siri says;

Monte Single

I have an Iphone 7.

All of a sudden siri says; “I can’t hear you”.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Monte

brian

    It sounds like Siri needs a mericleear.

Brian Sackrider

On 4/5/2021 8:09 PM, Monte Single wrote:

I have an Iphone 7.

All of a sudden siri says; “I can’t hear you”.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Monte

Mike B

Howdy Monte,

Did you accidentally mute your phone?  The little switch above the side volume buttons should be pushed towards the front of the phone.  If the screen is unlocked the phone will report the switches status when moving it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

On 4/5/2021 8:09 PM, Monte Single wrote:

I have an Iphone 7.

All of a sudden siri says; “I can’t hear you”.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Monte

John Holcomb II

Yeah but that has nothing  to do with his problem.

I’ve had this happen on an iPod too.

Only f fix was to reboot the device.

The  mic deactivates sometimes for some reason.

John

Did you accidentally mute your phone?  The little switch above the side volume buttons should be pushed towards the front of the phone.  If the screen is unlocked the phone will report the switches status when moving it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

On 4/5/2021 8:09 PM, Monte Single wrote:

I have an Iphone 7.

All of a sudden siri says; “I can’t hear you”.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Monte

Monte Single

Yes, a reboot fixed the problem.

Did you accidentally mute your phone?  The little switch above the side volume buttons should be pushed towards the front of the phone.  If the screen is unlocked the phone will report the switches status when moving it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

On 4/5/2021 8:09 PM, Monte Single wrote:

I have an Iphone 7.

All of a sudden siri says; “I can’t hear you”.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Monte

Monte Single

Hi Mike,

No the phone was not muted.

Voiceover wsa talking and siri was saying; “I can’t hear you”.

A reboot fixsed it.

Cheers,

Monte

Did you accidentally mute your phone?  The little switch above the side volume buttons should be pushed towards the front of the phone.  If the screen is unlocked the phone will report the switches status when moving it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

On 4/5/2021 8:09 PM, Monte Single wrote:

I have an Iphone 7.

All of a sudden siri says; “I can’t hear you”.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Monte

John Holcomb II

Good. It should always fix that.

John

Did you accidentally mute your phone?  The little switch above the side volume buttons should be pushed towards the front of the phone.  If the screen is unlocked the phone will report the switches status when moving it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

On 4/5/2021 8:09 PM, Monte Single wrote:

I have an Iphone 7.

All of a sudden siri says; “I can’t hear you”.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Monte

chris judge

Fire her. She’s getting worse and worse all the time.

Chris Judge

All of a sudden siri says; “I can’t hear you”.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Monte

chris judge

Interesting. I didn’t think the status of the mute button would have any effect on siri, so I tried a little experiment. I muted the phone with the switch. Then I tried invoking siri by holding the side button. She wouldn’t answer me, however when I summondsed her by saying, hey siri, she responded as she should.

Chris Judge

Did you accidentally mute your phone?  The little switch above the side volume buttons should be pushed towards the front of the phone.  If the screen is unlocked the phone will report the switches status when moving it.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

On 4/5/2021 8:09 PM, Monte Single wrote:

I have an Iphone 7.

All of a sudden siri says; “I can’t hear you”.

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Monte

Janet

Hi Chris,

Well, I just tried doing the samething with Siri, except I didn’t use the hey Siri feature, as I don’t have that turned on, and sure enough, it worked, meaning turning the mute switch off, and press the power button, and Siri didn’t answer me until I turned the mute switch back on.  This is in deed quite interesting.  I had no idea about this.  Thank you Chris as well as Mike B!

Janet