sleepy time


Howard Traxler
 

Does anyone else have a problem with this?  One of my win10 computers goes into a sort of sleep mode if I stop fiddling with it for more than three minutes or so.  I assume that it has nothing to do with the power options because I have them all set to never.  I got microsoft on the phone a couple months ago; and she thought she fixed it.  But that just isn't the case.  It still does it and it's rather annoying.  Has anybody got a fix?  Thanks.

Howard


 

Hi Howard,
I believe if you press the windows key S and type in sleep, you should be able to get to the options and ensure that on power cable is set to never. You will also want to check this for when it is not plugged in. I’m not sure if you already checked to see if these options were off but it is worth checking.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

On Oct 1, 2022, at 8:19 PM, Howard Traxler <htraxler7@...> wrote:

Does anyone else have a problem with this? One of my win10 computers goes into a sort of sleep mode if I stop fiddling with it for more than three minutes or so. I assume that it has nothing to do with the power options because I have them all set to never. I got microsoft on the phone a couple months ago; and she thought she fixed it. But that just isn't the case. It still does it and it's rather annoying. Has anybody got a fix? Thanks.

Howard




-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#107789): https://TechTalk.groups.io/g/main/message/107789
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/94062581/20763
-=-=-
If you want to view a list of resources and freeware, visit the Tech Talk Wiki:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/List-of-resources-and-freeware

You can also view/download the list from the "files" section:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/files

To review a list of posting guidelines, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/wiki/Posting-Guidelines

To view the list archives, go to:
https://groups.io/g/TechTalk/topics

Note that the Wiki and list archives are public so can be viewed by anyone without the need to login with a password. The "files" section cannot be made public so can only be accessed by members and requires you to login.


To join this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+subscribe@groups.io

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
TechTalk+unsubscribe@groups.io

To send a message to this group, send the message to:
main@TechTalk.groups.io

To stop receiving messages via email (you may still read messages on the Web),send an email to:
TechTalk+nomail@groups.io

To receive message digests instead of individual messages send an email to:
TechTalk+digest@groups.io

To receive individual messages instead of digests, send an email to:
TechTalk+single@groups.io


If you want to discuss anything non-tech related, please move the conversation to our chat subgroup.

To join the chat subgroup, send a message to:
TechTalkChat+subscribe@groups.io

To message the chat subgroup:
TechTalkChat@groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+owner@TechTalk.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://TechTalk.groups.io/g/main/leave/44547/20763/742636766/xyzzy [ashbreger@...]
-=-=-=-


Howard Traxler
 

Ashley, this is what I explained in my message.  I have all those power settings set to never.  This must be something totally different.  Don't know where to find it.


Thanks.

Howard

On 10/1/2022 7:23 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hi Howard,
I believe if you press the windows key S and type in sleep, you should be able to get to the options and ensure that on power cable is set to never. You will also want to check this for when it is not plugged in. I’m not sure if you already checked to see if these options were off but it is worth checking.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

On Oct 1, 2022, at 8:19 PM, Howard Traxler <htraxler7@...> wrote:

Does anyone else have a problem with this? One of my win10 computers goes into a sort of sleep mode if I stop fiddling with it for more than three minutes or so. I assume that it has nothing to do with the power options because I have them all set to never. I got microsoft on the phone a couple months ago; and she thought she fixed it. But that just isn't the case. It still does it and it's rather annoying. Has anybody got a fix? Thanks.

Howard





Gene
 

When the computer does whatever it does, is anything spoken?  It may be set to lock after a certain amount of inactivity.  How do you resume when this happens?

Gene

On 10/2/2022 6:45 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:

Ashley, this is what I explained in my message.  I have all those power settings set to never.  This must be something totally different.  Don't know where to find it.


Thanks.

Howard


On 10/1/2022 7:23 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hi Howard,
I believe if you press the windows key S and type in sleep, you should be able to get to the options and ensure that on power cable is set to never. You will also want to check this for when it is not plugged in. I’m not sure if you already checked to see if these options were off but it is worth checking.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

On Oct 1, 2022, at 8:19 PM, Howard Traxler <htraxler7@...> wrote:

Does anyone else have a problem with this?  One of my win10 computers goes into a sort of sleep mode if I stop fiddling with it for more than three minutes or so.  I assume that it has nothing to do with the power options because I have them all set to never.  I got microsoft on the phone a couple months ago; and she thought she fixed it.  But that just isn't the case.  It still does it and it's rather annoying.  Has anybody got a fix?  Thanks.

Howard














Howard Traxler
 

I think it says "lock screen" or maybe "locked screen".  To get past that, I press escape.  Then it says "secure desktop".  That's a dialog where I think I can change the name and stuff.  It lands on "logon" and I press the spacebar.  It then says "welcome" and then it trips over itself finally landing on "alexa".  I then have to alt-tab around to get back to the program window I was using.  That's it in a nutshell; pretty big nut.  I've been through all the settings in power management and all set to never.  So this must be something else.  I'm getting tempted to look at the registry.


Thanks.

Howard


On 10/2/2022 7:18 AM, Gene wrote:

When the computer does whatever it does, is anything spoken?  It may be set to lock after a certain amount of inactivity.  How do you resume when this happens?

Gene

On 10/2/2022 6:45 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Ashley, this is what I explained in my message.  I have all those power settings set to never.  This must be something totally different.  Don't know where to find it.


Thanks.

Howard


On 10/1/2022 7:23 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hi Howard,
I believe if you press the windows key S and type in sleep, you should be able to get to the options and ensure that on power cable is set to never. You will also want to check this for when it is not plugged in. I’m not sure if you already checked to see if these options were off but it is worth checking.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

On Oct 1, 2022, at 8:19 PM, Howard Traxler <htraxler7@...> wrote:

Does anyone else have a problem with this?  One of my win10 computers goes into a sort of sleep mode if I stop fiddling with it for more than three minutes or so.  I assume that it has nothing to do with the power options because I have them all set to never.  I got microsoft on the phone a couple months ago; and she thought she fixed it.  But that just isn't the case.  It still does it and it's rather annoying.  Has anybody got a fix?  Thanks.

Howard














Gene
 

When describing a problem, it is important to provide details.  You would get much better and faster help in many cases.  Now that we know that the screen being locked is the problem, people can address that.

The message I sent may give you the information you need.

Gene
Gene

On 10/2/2022 9:01 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:

I think it says "lock screen" or maybe "locked screen".  To get past that, I press escape.  Then it says "secure desktop".  That's a dialog where I think I can change the name and stuff.  It lands on "logon" and I press the spacebar.  It then says "welcome" and then it trips over itself finally landing on "alexa".  I then have to alt-tab around to get back to the program window I was using.  That's it in a nutshell; pretty big nut.  I've been through all the settings in power management and all set to never.  So this must be something else.  I'm getting tempted to look at the registry.


Thanks.

Howard


On 10/2/2022 7:18 AM, Gene wrote:
When the computer does whatever it does, is anything spoken?  It may be set to lock after a certain amount of inactivity.  How do you resume when this happens?

Gene

On 10/2/2022 6:45 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Ashley, this is what I explained in my message.  I have all those power settings set to never.  This must be something totally different.  Don't know where to find it.


Thanks.

Howard


On 10/1/2022 7:23 PM, Ashley Breger via groups.io wrote:
Hi Howard,
I believe if you press the windows key S and type in sleep, you should be able to get to the options and ensure that on power cable is set to never. You will also want to check this for when it is not plugged in. I’m not sure if you already checked to see if these options were off but it is worth checking.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

On Oct 1, 2022, at 8:19 PM, Howard Traxler <htraxler7@...> wrote:

Does anyone else have a problem with this?  One of my win10 computers goes into a sort of sleep mode if I stop fiddling with it for more than three minutes or so.  I assume that it has nothing to do with the power options because I have them all set to never.  I got microsoft on the phone a couple months ago; and she thought she fixed it.  But that just isn't the case.  It still does it and it's rather annoying.  Has anybody got a fix?  Thanks.

Howard