spam or strange text messages?

Sharon Hooley

Hi,

Has anyone received spam text messages? Is there a way to put a damper on them, since they can use different number?

Thanks for any input,

Is it hard to communicate, even with hearing aids? Visit
www.CochlearAmericas.com

Hi Sharon,
If you only have one cell phone number one way to stop these is to download a spam blocker such as call protect. Also if you receive a spam text I would recommend tapping on the senders phone number in the message which will then bring up their contact information and then you can block them so they will not continue to send you text messages if their text somehow gets past the spam blocker.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

On Jul 4, 2022, at 10:53 AM, Sharon Hooley <shooley42@...> wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone received spam text messages? Is there a way to put a damper on them, since they can use different number?

Thanks for any input,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

John Holcomb II

Hey Ashley,
The problem with blocking senders like that is that they always use different numbers to send you the same thing.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashley Breger via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2022 11:01 AM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] spam or strange text messages?

Hi Sharon,
If you only have one cell phone number one way to stop these is to download a spam blocker such as call protect. Also if you receive a spam text I would recommend tapping on the senders phone number in the message which will then bring up their contact information and then you can block them so they will not continue to send you text messages if their text somehow gets past the spam blocker.
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

Hi,

Thanks for any input,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Dana Leet

Sadly the best thing to do with this type of thing is just ignore them and don’t respond because if you try to block them they’ll just call with a different number or text with a different number you just almost have to ignore them and go on with your day like they never messaged you. Dana

If you love to read, we might just have the WhatsApp messenger group for you! For those who love book share, we have a general book share group, as well as a Bookshire monthly book club. We have a ladies book club, a Christian book group, and a general book group that talks about every source that we read from. If you’re interested in any of the book groups please get in touch with me.

On Jul 4, 2022, at 11:10 AM, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

Hey Ashley,
The problem with blocking senders like that is that they always use different numbers to send you the same thing.
John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashley Breger via groups.io

Hi Sharon,
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

Hi,

Thanks for any input,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

John Holcomb II

That's what I do.
John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dana Leet
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2022 12:35 PM

Sadly the best thing to do with this type of thing is just ignore them and don’t respond because if you try to block them they’ll just call with a different number or text with a different number you just almost have to ignore them and go on with your day like they never messaged you. Dana

If you love to read, we might just have the WhatsApp messenger group for you! For those who love book share, we have a general book share group, as well as a Bookshire monthly book club. We have a ladies book club, a Christian book group, and a general book group that talks about every source that we read from. If you’re interested in any of the book groups please get in touch with me.

On Jul 4, 2022, at 11:10 AM, John Holcomb II <jhii926@...> wrote:

Hey Ashley,
John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of
Ashley Breger via groups.io

Hi Sharon,
Hope this helps,

Ashley Breger

Hi,

Thanks for any input,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Dana Leet

Sweetie, the only thing you can really do is ignore them. Because they just love to keep bothering us with the spam text messages. We get them all the time. So do not respond to them, go on with your day, and hopefully the more that you do that, they eventually will decrease. That’s what we’re finding happens here. Dana

Hi,

Thanks for any input,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

Carolyn Arnold

On iPhone, you have option to report to Apple. What that
does, I have not a clue, but I use the option.

[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sharon Hooley
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2022 10:53 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] spam or strange text messages?

Hi,

Has anyone received spam text messages? Is there a way to
put a damper on them, since they can use different number?

Thanks for any input,

www.CochlearAmericas.com

John Holcomb II

Never seen that.
They don't make it obvious that you can.
John

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Carolyn
Arnold
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2022 10:11 AM

On iPhone, you have option to report to Apple. What that does, I have not a
clue, but I use the option.

[mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sharon Hooley
Sent: Monday, July 4, 2022 10:53 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] spam or strange text messages?

Hi,

Has anyone received spam text messages? Is there a way to put a damper on
them, since they can use different number?

Thanks for any input,

www.CochlearAmericas.com