From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2020 10:22 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Spotify

How well does this application work with jaws

Thanks,

Jeff

Gene

I haven't used it with JAWS but it works well when I use NVDA with a browser. But in terms of using the actual desktop application, I can't comment on that. And I don't know how accessible a lot of features are either when using the browser or the application. I use it in a way people generally don't, for listening to albums or specific songs or already created playlists. I haven't used it much for quite a while, either. I don't use the social media aspects nor do I create playlists.

It appears to me, however, that a serious drawback to using a browser is the inability to move back and forward within a playing track. I can move forward from track to track but not back. I tried to find short cut keys to be used with the browser interface for these ;purposes, but I found none. I saw one message in a discussion that said that you can't do these things using the desktop application. I don't know if that is true.

While I don't know this, I suspect you will be more satisfied with the computer application if it is accessible. It has commands to do the kinds of things I've been discussing.