From: Vicki W
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 8:17 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] stopping a failed to deliver message

Hi,

I recently sent an e-mail to an e-mail address that is no longer working. Since then, of course, I keep getting failed to deliver messages from Comcast, at least four or five a day. This has been going on for at least two weeks.

Is there a way to stop them from coming or will they eventually just stop?

Thanks.

Vicki

Carolyn Arnold

I hope you find a solution, Vickie about fail to deliver
mail.

I accidentally put in @gmail.net for an address. I have
changed it to @gmail.com. It kept happening; yet she got my
mail. I totally cleared out Auto-fill, deleted her address
and reentered it correctly - still, I get failed to deliver.
I definitely do not intend to get rid of Auto-fill any more.

I recently sent an e-mail to an e-mail address that is no
longer working. Since then, of course, I keep getting failed
to deliver messages from Comcast, at least four or five a
day. This has been going on for at least two weeks.

Is there a way to stop them from coming or will they
eventually just stop?

Thanks.

Vicki

Mike B.

Check your Outbox and make sure that there isn't a copy of that problem email in there.  If there is, delete it.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

I recently sent an e-mail to an e-mail address that is no longer working. Since then, of course, I keep getting failed to deliver messages from Comcast, at least four or five a day. This has been going on for at least two weeks.

Is there a way to stop them from coming or will they eventually just stop?

Thanks.

Vicki

Carolyn Arnold

There is nothing in my Outbox at all. Thanks.

Check your Outbox and make sure that there isn't a copy of
that problem email in there. If there is, delete it.

Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say:
"Close Enough!"

I recently sent an e-mail to an e-mail address that is no
longer working. Since then, of course, I keep getting failed
to deliver messages from Comcast, at least four or five a
day. This has been going on for at least two weeks.

Is there a way to stop them from coming or will they
eventually just stop?

Thanks.

Vicki

Vicki W

No, it's simply an e-mail address that no longer exists. Nothing in the outbox and this has been going on for weeks.

Vicki