Topics

Subject lines in email


Fanus
 

Hello list
Now I am confused. On the Windows 10 & JAWS list I asked a question about
the volume. My subject was something like "how to raise the jaws volume when
using a USB sound card". The administrator immediately warned me not to use
questions in a subject line and when I asked why this should not be done he
replied that I must keep my smart mouth or I'll be gone and when I answered
he banned me. This tech list is very important for me, so please tell if I
may put a question in the subject field? As I was trying to explain on the
other list I like to pose the question in the subject field because then
listers know exactly what help I want and listers who do not have the answer
dan just delete the mail. If my subject was "jaws volume" then it could mean
many things, so I am really confused. I really want to start a war but just
for the importance to me of this list, can one of the moderators please
explain what must and what must not be stated in a subject line for this
list. Sorry for this but I am a bit upset because I am really not a trouble
maker.
Regards
Fanus


Olusegun -- Victory Associates LTD, Inc.
 

Captain Fanus, I'm NOT A MODERATOR, but I'm certain you're OK here. I don't
understand why you can't PUT A QUESTION in the subject header; I'm sure I do
that now and again when I need help with something.

Yes sir, it's grand that you're NOT READY FOR A WAR! Just find other
outlets where user-friendly folks are ready to help roam.

I did read the question you posed; however, I don't have a USB SoundCard.
As such, I can't share with you an answer that would mean much. That said,
I believe that ALL THE GREAT MINDS in this space will help you and me out
and we shall have learned something we didn't know before now.

Hang in there sir; we're on this learning path together. Later and all the
very best, feel free to reach out to me privately if you so desire.

Sincerely,
Olusegun
Denver, Colorado


Gene
 

I am the owner.  There isn't a rule about that.  It isn't considered good netiquette to place a question in a subject line and leave the message blank.  What you wrote, as you report it is alright.  If its something like changing volume in Windows or how do you change volume in Windows or changing sound card volume in Windows, those are all fine.  Writing a long question would be considered not good forum.  But something like how do I change my external sound card volume in Windows, though slightly long, shouldn't be objected to and I've never seen objections.  So don't worry about it if it isn't overly long and the message contains the question and more information, if you have more.


Gene

On 9/19/2020 8:51 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello list
Now I am confused. On the Windows 10 & JAWS list I asked a question about
the volume. My subject was something like "how to raise the jaws volume when
using a USB sound card". The administrator immediately warned me not to use
questions in a subject line and when I asked why this should not be done he
replied that I must keep my smart mouth or I'll be gone and when I answered
he banned me. This tech list is very important for me, so please tell if I
may put a question in the subject field? As I was trying to explain on the
other list I like to pose the question in the subject field because then
listers know exactly what help I want and listers who do not have the answer
dan just delete the mail. If my subject was "jaws volume" then it could mean
many things, so I am really confused. I really want to start a war but just
for the importance to me of this list, can one of the moderators please
explain what must and what must not be stated in a subject line for this
list. Sorry for this but I am a bit upset because I am really not a trouble
maker.
Regards
Fanus






 

It is bad form, pretty much anywhere, though, to have a message body with no content.  Even if the subject is "the complete question," it's always a good idea to say something like, "The subject says it all."

I have no idea what group that was, as I doubt the owner of either the JAWS for Windows group or Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group would have this reaction.  The most frequent problem I see is not that the subject line is too long, or too specific, but that it's generic, e.g., "I need help," and giving the reader absolutely no idea about what.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com


Pamela Dominguez
 

I understand that, and I agree.  But it didn’t sound like the person said he sent a blank message with just the question in the subjectline.  Maybe I’m wrong.  Pam.
 

Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email
 
It is bad form, pretty much anywhere, though, to have a message body with no content.  Even if the subject is "the complete question," it's always a good idea to say something like, "The subject says it all."

I have no idea what group that was, as I doubt the owner of either the JAWS for Windows group or Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group would have this reaction.  The most frequent problem I see is not that the subject line is too long, or too specific, but that it's generic, e.g., "I need help," and giving the reader absolutely no idea about what.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com


Virus-free. www.avg.com


 

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 09:52 AM, Fanus wrote:
can one of the moderators please explain what must and what must not be stated in a subject line for this list?
-
And the answer to that question is, "No."  What is, and is not, permissible on any given group is entirely at the discretion of the group owner and his or her moderating team.  Whatever they say, goes.

And if they have this restriction that a question may not be in a subject line I'd hope that this is included in the rules sent to you upon subscribing.  If it isn't, shake the proverbial dust from your sandals and go elsewhere.  There are lots of mailing lists out there related to JAWS and to Windows 10 with the intended demographic being individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com


 

And I meant to say that by "this list" I'm talking generically.  Gene has already given the information for TechTalk, and as group owner his is "the last word."
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com


Fanus
 

Hello

No, I never send blank emails. I asked the question in the subject line and in the body I explained how my system is setup and that on the system tray the volume there changes the system volume. So, ok Thanks Brian, I shall not touch on this again.

Regards

Fanus

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 5:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

 

I understand that, and I agree.  But it didn’t sound like the person said he sent a blank message with just the question in the subjectline.  Maybe I’m wrong.  Pam.

 

From: Brian Vogel

Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 11:21 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

 

It is bad form, pretty much anywhere, though, to have a message body with no content.  Even if the subject is "the complete question," it's always a good idea to say something like, "The subject says it all."

I have no idea what group that was, as I doubt the owner of either the JAWS for Windows group or Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group would have this reaction.  The most frequent problem I see is not that the subject line is too long, or too specific, but that it's generic, e.g., "I need help," and giving the reader absolutely no idea about what.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com

 

Virus-free. www.avg.com


Gene
 

I haven't seen what you do objected to on the lists I've been on over the years.  You don't have to worry about it when dealing with lists in general.


Gene

On 9/19/2020 11:26 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello

No, I never send blank emails. I asked the question in the subject line and in the body I explained how my system is setup and that on the system tray the volume there changes the system volume. So, ok Thanks Brian, I shall not touch on this again.

Regards

Fanus

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 5:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

 

I understand that, and I agree.  But it didn’t sound like the person said he sent a blank message with just the question in the subjectline.  Maybe I’m wrong.  Pam.

 

From: Brian Vogel

Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 11:21 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

 

It is bad form, pretty much anywhere, though, to have a message body with no content.  Even if the subject is "the complete question," it's always a good idea to say something like, "The subject says it all."

I have no idea what group that was, as I doubt the owner of either the JAWS for Windows group or Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group would have this reaction.  The most frequent problem I see is not that the subject line is too long, or too specific, but that it's generic, e.g., "I need help," and giving the reader absolutely no idea about what.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com

 

Virus-free. www.avg.com


Fanus
 

Hello Gene
Thanks much. That is how I always understood matters, so I would have understood if my message body was empty but it was not.
Regards
Fanus

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 4:42 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

I am the owner. There isn't a rule about that. It isn't considered
good netiquette to place a question in a subject line and leave the
message blank. What you wrote, as you report it is alright. If its
something like changing volume in Windows or how do you change volume in
Windows or changing sound card volume in Windows, those are all fine.
Writing a long question would be considered not good forum. But
something like how do I change my external sound card volume in Windows,
though slightly long, shouldn't be objected to and I've never seen
objections. So don't worry about it if it isn't overly long and the
message contains the question and more information, if you have more.


Gene

On 9/19/2020 8:51 AM, Fanus wrote:

Hello list
Now I am confused. On the Windows 10 & JAWS list I asked a question about
the volume. My subject was something like "how to raise the jaws volume when
using a USB sound card". The administrator immediately warned me not to use
questions in a subject line and when I asked why this should not be done he
replied that I must keep my smart mouth or I'll be gone and when I answered
he banned me. This tech list is very important for me, so please tell if I
may put a question in the subject field? As I was trying to explain on the
other list I like to pose the question in the subject field because then
listers know exactly what help I want and listers who do not have the answer
dan just delete the mail. If my subject was "jaws volume" then it could mean
many things, so I am really confused. I really want to start a war but just
for the importance to me of this list, can one of the moderators please
explain what must and what must not be stated in a subject line for this
list. Sorry for this but I am a bit upset because I am really not a trouble
maker.
Regards
Fanus







Ann Parsons
 

Hi all,

I'm afraid that I'm more concerned that there is a listowner who, instead of answering Famus' question, dropped him from the list. That seems to be rather churlish behavior. Couldn't he have sent the list rules? Couldn't he have explained what Famus did and why it was wrong? It sounds like he wasn't being disruptive but simply trying to understand why he was being admonished. Dropping somebody after the person asks one question is bullying behavior, IMO. I am sorry that the blindness community has an individual who exhibits such churlishness.

If 'twere me, I'd write the owner privately and see if things could be straightened out. But, then again, I'm an old, tough skinned, grumpy curmudgeon who's used to dealing with bullies.

Sorry, Famus, unfortunately, life is often unfair. It just is what it is. Have a great day and stay safe!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."


Pamela Dominguez
 

Okay.  Well, I don’t know why that person did what he or she did to you, then.  Pam.
 

From: Fanus
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email
 

Hello

No, I never send blank emails. I asked the question in the subject line and in the body I explained how my system is setup and that on the system tray the volume there changes the system volume. So, ok Thanks Brian, I shall not touch on this again.

Regards

Fanus

 

 

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Pamela Dominguez
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 5:27 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

 

I understand that, and I agree.  But it didn’t sound like the person said he sent a blank message with just the question in the subjectline.  Maybe I’m wrong.  Pam.

 

From: Brian Vogel

Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 11:21 AM

Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

 

It is bad form, pretty much anywhere, though, to have a message body with no content.  Even if the subject is "the complete question," it's always a good idea to say something like, "The subject says it all."

I have no idea what group that was, as I doubt the owner of either the JAWS for Windows group or Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group would have this reaction.  The most frequent problem I see is not that the subject line is too long, or too specific, but that it's generic, e.g., "I need help," and giving the reader absolutely no idea about what.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

Always remember that computers are just glorified light bulbs - they rarely fail in continuous use and usually go pop when turned off and on.

        ~ Technician with the username Computer Bloke, on Technibble.com

 

Image removed by sender.

Virus-free. www.avg.com


Pamela Dominguez
 

Yes, so am I! That was patently unfair of him to just drop him and not even explain why, or try to straighten it out. I'm glad I'm not on that list! Pam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ann Parsons
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 3:01 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

Hi all,

I'm afraid that I'm more concerned that there is a listowner who,
instead of answering Famus' question, dropped him from the list. That
seems to be rather churlish behavior. Couldn't he have sent the list
rules? Couldn't he have explained what Famus did and why it was wrong?
It sounds like he wasn't being disruptive but simply trying to
understand why he was being admonished. Dropping somebody after the
person asks one question is bullying behavior, IMO. I am sorry that
the blindness community has an individual who exhibits such churlishness.

If 'twere me, I'd write the owner privately and see if things could be
straightened out. But, then again, I'm an old, tough skinned, grumpy
curmudgeon who's used to dealing with bullies.

Sorry, Famus, unfortunately, life is often unfair. It just is what it
is. Have a great day and stay safe!

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Author of The Demmies: http://www.dldbooks.com/annparsons/
Portal Tutoring web site: http://www.portaltutoring.info
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."






--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com


Ron Canazzi
 

Hi Group,

I got in on this one a bit late.  Which group banned a guy for an incorrect subject line?  I am wondering if it is the same one who accused me of not sharing files on a sharing list because of what was obviously a glitch in his mail monitoring program and when I pointed that out, he banned me and won't answer personal e-mails trying to reconcile the situation.

On 9/19/2020 3:31 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
Yes, so am I! That was patently unfair of him to just drop him and not even explain why, or try to straighten it out.  I'm glad I'm not on that list! Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Ann Parsons
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 3:01 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

Hi all,

I'm afraid that I'm more concerned that there is a listowner who,
instead of answering Famus' question, dropped him from the list. That
seems to be rather churlish behavior.  Couldn't he have sent the list
rules?  Couldn't he have explained what Famus did and why it was wrong?
It sounds like he wasn't being disruptive but simply trying to
understand why he was being admonished.  Dropping somebody after the
person asks one question is bullying behavior, IMO.  I am sorry that
the blindness community has an individual who exhibits such churlishness.

If 'twere me, I'd write the owner privately and see if things could be
straightened out.   But, then again, I'm an old, tough skinned, grumpy
curmudgeon who's used to dealing with bullies.

Sorry, Famus, unfortunately, life is often unfair.  It just is what it
is.  Have a great day and stay safe!

Ann P.
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"


Monte Single
 

Hi ron,
No, it was not a sharing list.
That was many mails ago, I think it was the win10 list.
Apologies to all if I named the wrong list.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ron Canazzi
Sent: September 19, 2020 9:51 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

Hi Group,

I got in on this one a bit late. Which group banned a guy for an incorrect subject line? I am wondering if it is the same one who accused me of not sharing files on a sharing list because of what was obviously a glitch in his mail monitoring program and when I pointed that out, he banned me and won't answer personal e-mails trying to reconcile the situation.


On 9/19/2020 3:31 PM, Pamela Dominguez wrote:
Yes, so am I! That was patently unfair of him to just drop him and not
even explain why, or try to straighten it out. I'm glad I'm not on
that list! Pam.

-----Original Message----- From: Ann Parsons
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 3:01 PM
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Subject lines in email

Hi all,

I'm afraid that I'm more concerned that there is a listowner who,
instead of answering Famus' question, dropped him from the list. That
seems to be rather churlish behavior. Couldn't he have sent the list
rules? Couldn't he have explained what Famus did and why it was wrong?
It sounds like he wasn't being disruptive but simply trying to
understand why he was being admonished. Dropping somebody after the
person asks one question is bullying behavior, IMO. I am sorry that
the blindness community has an individual who exhibits such churlishness.

If 'twere me, I'd write the owner privately and see if things could be
straightened out. But, then again, I'm an old, tough skinned, grumpy
curmudgeon who's used to dealing with bullies.

Sorry, Famus, unfortunately, life is often unfair. It just is what it
is. Have a great day and stay safe!

Ann P.
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"