Topics

Sudden problem with printer

Nancy Shackelford

Have Windows 10 OS, Docuscan, and Cannon MG2500 series printer. Just
recently, messages keep saying that computer can't communicate with
printer. Tried all--unplugging for 60 seconds, restarting computer,
and attempted installing updated software, but same message--Be sure
your printer is turned on and plugged in to computer. Any other
suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Nance

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Are you, or anyone else, able to test whether it will work on any computer?

I have, on more than one occasion, experienced inexplicable sudden death with printers, and if that's happened they won't work when attached to any computer.

Nancy Shackelford

I unfortunately don't have another computer to access, but if I had
had one, I would've discovered the real problem when unplugging it
from this computer! I rechecked the USB cord and found that the
d--ned thing was in fact unplugged! Your point is well taken, because
I've had similar problems to yours in the past with other printers.

Thanks,

Nance