surface laptops

heather albright

Hello, I want to finally find a new laptop after almost 8 years, that is the last time I went and purcheased 1.

So I like the surface set up but, when I got it, I did not like how it sets up. It seens the screen is to heavy for the keyboard and it did not sit well unless you had a table handy. Are all the surfaces like this? I thought it would have the similar set up like my i-pad which I could type on my lap and the screen on the i-pad holds well. I am wondering if the magnets on the surface are not as strong as the ones off my i-pad?

It just seemed that my surface was to top heavy and it always wanted to flop over. So I set it back.

So someone told me to look in to a traditional laptop set up

But before I do this, is there a surface that has a better setup?

I liked the lightweight aspects of the surface along with the quickness of the surface.

Thanks Heather

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

John Holcomb II

Hold on a second.

Which  surface device did you get.

Did you get the pro, the laptop  or the book.

[...]

I think it was the six I got last year just before the lock down, I think I set it back in march or april.  Heather

[...]

So you didn’t try the laptop then. You tried a surface Pro tablet (which the keyboard attaches too.)

Try the   surface laptop (the 4 just came out.)

John

[...]

gbmagoo@...

No  there is not one better for what your describing.

I do have a lanovia 13 inch laptop for sale.if your interested write to me.it is a 13 inch yogawhere it has a keyboard, and you can also use it as a touch screen.

gbmagoo@...

[...]

I disagree with this .

The  laptop is better than the surface pro (which is what she described.)

John

[...]

Marie Nelson

Did you use the built in kick stand?

[...]

It came with the tite case. It did have a kick stand, not much of one. I am only comparing it to the case my i-padd sits in. I think the magnet is stronger with the i-pad case verses the surface case. So it actually stands up in the ipad case but, the surface case was to top heavy. I wanted the pro so it would be lighter than a laptop. But, I did not feel I had a good typing  experience with the unit. I had for about a week. Now if it had a different case or kick stand,  I might have kept the surface. But, for me the keyboard was to thin and the screen over powered the set up. So might go look at the surface laptop but, I really did not want anything to much larger than my ipad.

Cheers Heather

[...]

Well how large is your iPad?

The surface laptop smallest is 13 inches screen.

One of the best keyboard typing experiences so I hear.

John

[...]

Oh to add to what I said,

That surface you saw?

Unless it was the surface go, it was a 12 inch screen. So the laptop won’t be much bigger than that.

John

[...]

abdulah aga

 hi heather smolast laptop what I see was in bestbuy it voz from sony and it is smol sise like IPod

John Holcomb II

Sony has not made laptops in a long, long time.