talking microwave

Jerry hathaway

I am looking for a talking microwave at a reasonal price. I thought there might be one on Amazon but I can't find it. I had the Magic Chef talking some years ago, but it died on me.

Jerry

Holly

Jerry:

I got mine at Wal-Mart years ago for $100, but they stopped making that one, and now the only one you can find is almost $400, I think.

They do make an Alexa enabled on which is voice controlled if you have an Amazon echo.

I think it is around $200, but may be less now.  Don’t quote me on the prices.

My little talking microwave for less than $100 is still going strong.

Marda

Blindness agencies like blind mice mega mall or independent living aids might have them.  Also maybe l s and s or the lighthouse sites.  I know some of them used to carry that magic chef model.  There is also one that amazon has that works with alexa if you have a smartphone or other device and want to use one that way.

Marda

On 5/12/2022 9:43 PM, Jerry hathaway wrote:
I am looking for a talking microwave at a reasonal price. I thought there might be one on Amazon but I can't find it. I had the Magic Chef talking some years ago, but it died on me.

Jerry

Marda

Holly I have one of those too.  It's a Hamilton Beach and I got it at Walmart for $70.  I have heard that there were a lot of problems with them where they would just stop working in the middle of cooking but I never had a problem with mine.  I've seen the Magic Chef for closer to $200 but only on sale, it is usually closer to $300.  Before I had a talking one I had a sighted friend who was able to help me put tactual labels on a touchscreen of a microwave and I hav also used the microwaves that you can still buy that have dials and just set them according to the clockface positions and there is a panasonic microwave that has buttons which some people like but it is over $200 I think.

Marda

On 5/12/2022 9:51 PM, Holly wrote:
Jerry:

I got mine at Wal-Mart years ago for $100, but they stopped making that one, and now the only one you can find is almost $400, I think.

They do make an Alexa enabled on which is voice controlled if you have an Amazon echo.

I think it is around $200, but may be less now.  Don’t quote me on the prices.

My little talking microwave for less than $100 is still going strong.

Holly

Marda:

My little Hamilton Beach is still plugging along.  The only problem I ever had with it was a faulty door switch, which my husband replaced.  A great little microwave, and I am disappointed that they can’t make an affordable one for blind people.

Mich Verrier

Hi yes mine is also plugging along as well. From Mich.