From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Norman
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 7:33 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] talking watches?

Hi all.

I'm looking for a good talking watch. I'm not sure what's happened to the selection at maxiaids but it's almost impossible to figure out what you're getting there.

I used to have one from royal tell time that i really liked, it had 4 buttons and all the common watch functions and was digital. Somehow it broke and no longer works late last year i got another one and didn't look at the description to closely only to find out it's an analog watch.

What? why on earth are we reverting to analog? Why can't i find a good digital watch anymore?

Using analog on a talking watch is just stupid unless the watch can set itself and sync with the digital time which this one can't.

So with that rant having been written, anyone know where to find a good
talking watch? Preferably metal and with a round digital face.

And, no, i don't want a smart watch.

Thanks.

Ron Canazzi

Here is what I have and I have had one since 2017.
Five senses Atomic Talking Watch
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AJWWXNA/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Norman

They do. Thanks for that.

I wasn't aware of this company.

On 9/1/2020 7:55 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
Speak to me used to have them. I assume that they still do.

[...]

Dan Rathburn

Hi,

www.cobolt.co.uk has a good assortment of talking watches available. I've been satisfied with my purchases from them.

HTH,

Dan

The nice thing about science is that it's true whether you believe in it or not.

[...]

Carolyn Arnold

I checked that web site, and it said this web site needs some kind of settings change - anyway, it was bye bye baby for that. I'm not going to have to try to work and figure out if I can spend some money. Don't they know about easy money?:

[...]

Gene

I don't know what message you got but it reflects some problems with your settings or with whatever browser you are using. I received no such message when I went to the site with the Brave browser.

It is important not to generalize one person's experience to the experiences people will have in general. In other words, don't not visit the site if you were going to.

[...]

Terry Olandese

Have a question for you. Are you using the latest version of brave with the latest version of Jaws. Thought you said that you are still running windows 7. Just wondering. Wanted to see if brave would work for me.

[...]

I haven't used JAWS for years. I'm using Brave with NVDA. I'm using Windows 7 but it doesn't matter. Though I haven't used JAWS with Brave, since Chrome works with it, Brave should as well. If it doesn't, all you've lost is a little time.

[...]

I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome.

[...]

Perhaps something is set in a nonstandard way.  Or you may use something that causes such a message.  For example, do you have cookies set not to be allowed or do you use an ad blocker?  You shouldn't receive a message about settings needing to be changed if you are using standard settings.

Gene

On 9/2/2020 2:55 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I use Chrome.

[...]

.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Carolyn,

The only message I get when using Firefox latest edition is that this site uses a specific kind of cookie and a close button. I clicked the close button on the dialogue and the site functioned normally after that.

On 9/2/2020 3:55 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I use Chrome.

[...]

No, I do not have cookies set not to be allowed.