Talking Windows PE - Adding Drivers for Hard Disk on Dell Pc

Mika Pyyhkala

Hi,

I have gotten the talking WinPE working, and I
get speech in the environment!

However, my c: drive is not visible at all, I don't think you can even
see it in the disk partition utilities.

Once I boot up in to the talking WinPe environment, is there a way to
add a driver so the system will see the hard drive?

Or must I somehow recompile the PE image incorporating the necessary
hard disk drivers?

Any information would be great!

Thank you!

Best,
Mika Pyyhkala

James Bentley

May I ask, what software did you use to create this PE?

And, what speech is being used?

Thanks,

James B

I have gotten the talking WinPE working, and I
get speech in the environment!

However, my c: drive is not visible at all, I don't think you can even
see it in the disk partition utilities.

Once I boot up in to the talking WinPe environment, is there a way to
add a driver so the system will see the hard drive?

Or must I somehow recompile the PE image incorporating the necessary
hard disk drivers?

Any information would be great!

Thank you!

Best,
Mika Pyyhkala

Mika Pyyhkala

I downloaded an .exe that created a bootable USB drive from:
Talking windows preinstallation environment (TWPE) | Blind Help Project
https://blindhelp.net/software/twpe

This runs NVDA as the speech. It boots up from the usb drive with NVDA running.

Thanks!
Best,
Mika

On 9/22/22, James Bentley <bentleyj1952@...> wrote:
May I ask, what software did you use to create this PE?

And, what speech is being used?

Thanks,

James B

I have gotten the talking WinPE working, and I
get speech in the environment!

However, my c: drive is not visible at all, I don't think you can even
see it in the disk partition utilities.

Once I boot up in to the talking WinPe environment, is there a way to
add a driver so the system will see the hard drive?

Or must I somehow recompile the PE image incorporating the necessary
hard disk drivers?

Any information would be great!

Thank you!

Best,