Topics

Tapin radio on an Alexa device?

Vicky Vaughan

Am I correct in thinking that there is no way that you can get Alexa to record a stream that it is playing?

I have told her to “Buy this song”, but all that seems to do is to add it to my music library.  This song is not actually bought, since if you then stop your subscription to Amazon music, you will then loos all your library.

I have gotten it to buy songs, by saying, “Alexa buy . . . “Even that doesn’t work 100& of the time.  I figure Amazon is just trying to make sure that you will be compelled to be a perpetual monthly subscriber.  This really upsets me!

Sincerely, Vicky

I don't use the Echo but I'm quite sure some models have headphone jacks you can use to record using something else that can record. I know of no way of recording using the Echo to record.  But I believe if you purchase something, you can download it.  Someone else who knows more will likely discuss that.

Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2018 3:37 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] Tapin radio on an Alexa device?

Am I correct in thinking that there is no way that you can get Alexa to record a stream that it is playing?

I have told her to “Buy this song”, but all that seems to do is to add it to my music library.  This song is not actually bought, since if you then stop your subscription to Amazon music, you will then loos all your library.

I have gotten it to buy songs, by saying, “Alexa buy . . . “Even that doesn’t work 100& of the time.  I figure Amazon is just trying to make sure that you will be compelled to be a perpetual monthly subscriber.  This really upsets me!

Sincerely, Vicky

Penny Golden <pengold2@...>

That is what I do.  Send the output from the alexa echo, which has a stereo  earphone jack, to a recording device. In my case, it is usually the plextalk 2.
In this way I've done lots of recordings for people.
Best, Penny