Topics

[Tec Talk] Does anyone know how to remove Avast from your PC

Leigh Winfield

Hi Tim, removing that darned Avast is something we need sighted help for.  If you contact the Microsoft help desk they can do it for you.  There are some software’s that are just not compatible for blind users.

Good luck.  LAW

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Mok
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 3:03 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Does anyone know how to remove Avast from your PC

Hi Shirley,

Go to Google and type

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

To download the Avast! Removal utility. That’s how I did it when I uninstalled it from my Windows 7.

Kind regards

Tim.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Healy
Sent: Saturday, 27 June, 2020 11:52 AM
To: techtalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] Does anyone know how to remove Avast from your PC

I am trying to get rid of avast. Does anyone know how to do it? It seems to be hard to get rid of it. I am unsure of what I need to do to finally remove it from my PC!

Any help would be appreciated!

shirley

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Leigh Winfield

Hi Heather, removing that darned Avast is something we need sighted help with.  You can call the Microsoft help line and they will help you.  You have to turn it off completely witch is hard for us.  Good luck.  LAW

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of heather albright
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 11:03 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

I seem to have remembered, I went to %appdata% to delete some left over files but, I think the last time I had to remove this was on 7!  Some one can correct me if this is not true anymore! Cheers Heather

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 11:55 PM

Hi Shirley,

I am not sure about other operating systems, but with Windows 10, I went to programs and features and used the uninstall feature for Avast.  It is not too accessible, but I believe if you run the uninstall from programs and features, if you press enter on one of the inaccessible buttons, the rest is automated and the uninstall completes.  Give that a try and see what happens.

On 6/26/2020 11:52 PM, Shirley Healy wrote:

I am trying to get rid of avast. Does anyone know how to do it? It seems to be hard to get rid of it. I am unsure of what I need to do to finally remove it from my PC!

Any help would be appreciated!

shirley

-- 
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"