Topics

[Tec Talk] I am totally embarrassed at my last emails. sorry for the emails.

Leigh Winfield

Hey don't feel embarrassed about anything computer. Computers are
difficult even for those who work with them every day. So here's my
worthless advice; First, try to make a image of what's on your hard drive.
It's like a mirror image,, maybe even another disk in the same computer that
you can copy everything on to. Two; you could be right about a hardware
problem, but probably not. You may need some sighted help, make sure
everything that can be is up-to-date. Jaws may say you have clicked the
correct checkbox but not really. I've had that happen several times.
There's something about a honest to goodness mouse click that the computer
likes better. Third; You can re-format the hard drive disk. Do you have
windows 10? If you do then; pushing the power button from the off position
three times and then holding in the power button for thirty seconds, will
erase everything and re-format the hard drive giving you a fresh start
including no JAWS. However windows key and enter will turn on narrator.
Narrator is getting better and will get you by long enough to re-load JAWS.
Before all of that try making sure updates are really turned on and working
properly. I too have used the Microsoft help desk and been disappointed.
Sad to say most of those helpers are from the Philippians and have less
knowledge than one would hope for.
So hopefully you'll get back to normal with your computer, I'm very sorry
for your problem, it's a bummer to have to suffer with those kinds of
discouragements. Good luck and keep the faith, sooner or later you'll get
everything working again.
Sincerely Leigh W.