[Tec Talk] Windows Program for Internet Radio Stations?

Jim Rawls

Gene, I downloaded tapin radio and installed  it. However, when I try to play a station buy selected, it says no source, and counts down from 120 seconds. What do I do to make it work I am running jaws 2021 on a windows ten machine. Jim ?From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 7:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] Windows Program for Internet Radio Stations?

Tapin radio is a program I like that is pretty accessible.  You can read about it and download it here.

It isn’t free and I don’t know the cost.  However, you can use it as a free program.  There is a trial period that lasts for a certain amount of time while the program is fully functional.  After that, after you open the program and start listening to stations, the program is fully functional for a number of minutes.  Then, as you are listening a message pops up about buying the software.  The station you are listening to continues to play so long as you don’t activate the ok button.  So if you are listening to something and you want to keep listening, you may do so.  If you want to change stations or see what is going on on a number of stations or search for a station, if you activate the ok button, it will close.  Then run the program again and do things during the full functioning number of minutes.

If you open the program and aren’t listening to something, that doesn’t count as time before the message comes up.  Its listening time that counts, so you can open the program, search for a station, or find a station in your favorites and you wont be using up the minutes.  But when you listen to something, as long as you are, that counts against the minutes.

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 8:00 AM

What’s a good accessible Windows app for finding and playing internet radio stations?

Thanks.

Jerry Berrier

(This address is used for lists I subscribe to.)

Gene

I’m not sure what the problem is.  Are you searching for a station or doing something else?

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 7:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 8:00 AM

What’s a good accessible Windows app for finding and playing internet radio stations?

Thanks.

Jerry Berrier

(This address is used for lists I subscribe to.)

Jerry Berrier <jlblists@...>

I just waited for it to finish counting down, and then found hundreds of stations.

I hit enter on one and it played.  Actually I tried a dozen or so, and most of them played.

Sent: Monday, December 20, 2021 7:37 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io