Ten unread messages that I cannot delete from inbox

Veronica Kirk

Hello,

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.  There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also cannot delete them.  When trying to perform either of these tasks, I get a message stating sorry we cannot open this item.  The message you specified cannot be found.  When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.  I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.  Thank you.

Veronica

Carolyn Arnold

Veronica, have you tried Shift+Delete? That problbly would
not work either, but it another thing to do. That deletes
them permanently.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.
There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and
I also cannot delete them. When trying to perform either of
these tasks, I get a message stating sorry we cannot open
this item. The message you specified cannot be found. When
going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.
I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.
Thank you.

Veronica

Veronica Kirk

Yes, that is how I delete whatever I want deleted.

Veronica

Veronica, have you tried Shift+Delete? That problbly would not work either,
but it another thing to do. That deletes them permanently.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.
There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also cannot
delete them. When trying to perform either of these tasks, I get a message
stating sorry we cannot open this item. The message you specified cannot be
found. When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.
I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.
Thank you.

Veronica

Carolyn Arnold

Now, is this on your phone, because if it is, you could try
calling Apple Accessibility.

Yes, that is how I delete whatever I want deleted.

Veronica

Veronica, have you tried Shift+Delete? That problbly would
not work either, but it another thing to do. That deletes
them permanently.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.
There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and
I also cannot delete them. When trying to perform either of
these tasks, I get a message stating sorry we cannot open
this item. The message you specified cannot be found. When
going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.
I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.
Thank you.

Veronica

Veronica Kirk

No, it is on my windows 7 computer.

Now, is this on your phone, because if it is, you could try calling Apple
Accessibility.

Yes, that is how I delete whatever I want deleted.

Veronica

Veronica, have you tried Shift+Delete? That problbly would not work either,
but it another thing to do. That deletes them permanently.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.
There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also cannot
delete them. When trying to perform either of these tasks, I get a message
stating sorry we cannot open this item. The message you specified cannot be
found. When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.
I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.
Thank you.

Veronica

Gene

There are discussions of such a problem that can be found with a Google search.  Here is one.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/phantom-unread-messages/9a327342-6076-44c8-b337-66be0b8ceb0f

I don't know if it will help with your specific problem.

If you don't get an answer here, you may want to ask on Blindtech.  Also, if Microsoft still supports Outlook 13, the Microsoft disability service may help you solve the problem.

Gene

On 1/20/2022 3:50 PM, Veronica Kirk wrote:
No, it is on my windows 7 computer.

Now, is this on your phone, because if it is, you could try calling Apple
Accessibility.

Yes, that is how I delete whatever I want deleted.

Veronica

Veronica, have you tried Shift+Delete? That problbly would not work either,
but it another thing to do. That deletes them permanently.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.
There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also cannot
delete them. When trying to perform either of these tasks, I get a message
stating sorry we cannot open this item. The message you specified cannot be
found. When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.
I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.
Thank you.

Veronica

Loy

What is the battery health reading in settings?

Now, is this on your phone, because if it is, you could try calling Apple
Accessibility.

Yes, that is how I delete whatever I want deleted.

Veronica

Veronica, have you tried Shift+Delete? That problbly would not work either,
but it another thing to do. That deletes them permanently.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.
There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also cannot
delete them. When trying to perform either of these tasks, I get a message
stating sorry we cannot open this item. The message you specified cannot be
found. When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.
I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.
Thank you.

Veronica

Thomas N. Chan

I would suggest do a inbox repair.
It should fix this orphan entry in your pst or ost entry.

do a search online and you should be able to find out how to do that.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 at 01:30, Veronica Kirk <veronicaa.kirk@...> wrote:

Hello,

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.  There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also cannot delete them.  When trying to perform either of these tasks, I get a message stating sorry we cannot open this item.  The message you specified cannot be found.  When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.  I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.  Thank you.

Veronica

Veronica Kirk

Gene, thank you so much for your reply. I am not always where there is internet, as my husband is very ill, and I feel too depressed to stay at home alone at night, so spend time with family members. But I shall work on this problem, and if have a chance will post this question to the other tech list.

Veronica

Now, is this on your phone, because if it is, you could try calling
Apple Accessibility.

Yes, that is how I delete whatever I want deleted.

Veronica

Veronica, have you tried Shift+Delete? That problbly would not work
either, but it another thing to do. That deletes them permanently.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.
There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also
cannot delete them. When trying to perform either of these tasks, I
get a message stating sorry we cannot open this item. The message you
specified cannot be found. When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.
I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.
Thank you.

Veronica

Veronica Kirk

I am not quite sure what you mean.

[...]

You may want to solve it just to solve it but if the messages are just there and don't cause any problem, you may just want to let them stay there and use the program as it is.

Gene

On 1/22/2022 2:26 PM, Veronica Kirk wrote:
[...]

I'm very sorry about the serious illness of your husband.

Perhaps trying to solve the problem may help you feel less depressed.  You may not be like me but I enjoy learning about computers and solving problems.  At times, those activities help me feel more content and calm if things are bothering me.

[...]

Sharon S

Hi, are you able to read the sender and subject line? If so you might like to try going on your webmail and seeing if you can deal with them there. I notice you always use shift delete have you tried just delete? Also if you want to try and make them say they are read control Q will do that. If you can get them to show up as read then at least you won’t be showing those ten messages are in your inbox unread.

Good luck.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.  There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also cannot delete them.  When trying to perform either of these tasks, I get a message stating sorry we cannot open this item.  The message you specified cannot be found.  When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.  I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.  Thank you.

Veronica

Veronica Kirk

Hi Sharon,

I don’t know how to read my e-mail on the internet, but I do wish I knew how.  Also, the delete key will not work in getting rid of these emails, as well as control-q.  Thank you for trying to help.

I guess I am not savvy enough to download the inbox repair tool.

Hi, are you able to read the sender and subject line? If so you might like to try going on your webmail and seeing if you can deal with them there. I notice you always use shift delete have you tried just delete? Also if you want to try and make them say they are read control Q will do that. If you can get them to show up as read then at least you won’t be showing those ten messages are in your inbox unread.

Good luck.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.  There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also cannot delete them.  When trying to perform either of these tasks, I get a message stating sorry we cannot open this item.  The message you specified cannot be found.  When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.  I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.  Thank you.

Veronica

Carolyn Arnold

It's a hassle to read mail on the Internet, Veronica; I hate
to!

Hi, are you able to read the sender and subject line? If so
you might like to try going on your webmail and seeing if
you can deal with them there. I notice you always use shift
delete have you tried just delete? Also if you want to try
and make them say they are read control Q will do that. If
you can get them to show up as read then at least you won't
be showing those ten messages are in your inbox unread.

Good luck.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io
On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.
There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and
I also cannot delete them. When trying to perform either of
these tasks, I get a message stating sorry we cannot open
this item. The message you specified cannot be found. When
going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.
I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.
Thank you.

Veronica

john s

Veronica, is there any way to delete the in box and have the program re-create it?

At 02:08 PM 1/27/2022, Veronica Kirk, wrote:
Hi Sharon,

I dont know how to read my e-mail on the internet, but I do wish I knew how.  Also, the delete key will not work in getting rid of these emails, as well as control-q.  Thank you for trying to help.

I guess I am not savvy enough to download the inbox repair tool.

Hi, are you able to read the sender and subject line? If so you might like to try going on your webmail and seeing if you can deal with them there. I notice you always use shift delete have you tried just delete? Also if you want to try and make them say they are read control Q will do that. If you can get them to show up as read then at least you wont be showing those ten messages are in your inbox unread.
Good luck.
From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.  There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also cannot delete them.  When trying to perform either of these tasks, I get a message stating sorry we cannot open this item.  The message you specified cannot be found.  When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.  I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.  Thank you.

Veronica

                 John

Thomas N. Chan

The pst repair tools should be in your computer when you install the office.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 at 04:08, Veronica Kirk <veronicaa.kirk@...> wrote:

Hi Sharon,

I don’t know how to read my e-mail on the internet, but I do wish I knew how.  Also, the delete key will not work in getting rid of these emails, as well as control-q.  Thank you for trying to help.

I guess I am not savvy enough to download the inbox repair tool.

Hi, are you able to read the sender and subject line? If so you might like to try going on your webmail and seeing if you can deal with them there. I notice you always use shift delete have you tried just delete? Also if you want to try and make them say they are read control Q will do that. If you can get them to show up as read then at least you won’t be showing those ten messages are in your inbox unread.

Good luck.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

On my windows 7 machine I have Outlook 2013 using Jaws 16.  There are 10 unread messages that I cannot open to read, and I also cannot delete them.  When trying to perform either of these tasks, I get a message stating sorry we cannot open this item.  The message you specified cannot be found.  When going into inbox these posts are counted as unread e-mail.  I would appreciate helping in how to delete these e-mails.  Thank you.

Veronica

Veronica Kirk

I don’t think I would like to delete my entire inbox.

Hi, are you able to read the sender and subject line? If so you might like to try going on your webmail and seeing if you can deal with them there. I notice you always use shift delete have you tried just delete? Also if you want to try and make them say they are read control Q will do that. If you can get them to show up as read then at least you won’t be showing those ten messages are in your inbox unread.
Good luck.
From Shaz.
Canberra, Australia.