Topics

Test message

Laz

To join the BlindAds list just send a blank email message to the
following email address,

BlindAds+subscribe@groups.io

here's a website,

www.talkingmp3players.com

and here is a regular email address,

Laz@...

The above was just a test. You may now return to your regularly
scheduled program.

Laz

accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121

The regular e-mail address isn't shown. It sounds like a reasonable change to make, though it will be of little benefit.

The only possible problem I see is that now and then, someone asks on list if someone has the e-mail address of a person or someone puts their address in a message if they want messages sent to them off list. I'm not sure that matters since it is unlikely such information would come up in the kinds of searches of archives people would be expected to do, but you never know if rarely or very rarely, something might come up.

To join the BlindAds list just send a blank email message to the
following email address,

BlindAds+subscribe@groups.io

here's a website,

www.talkingmp3players.com

and here is a regular email address,

Laz@...

The above was just a test. You may now return to your regularly
scheduled program.

Laz

accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121

Laz

As the setting is now, even the email address in my signature wasn't
shown in full.

Stay well,

Laz

On 8/28/20, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
[...]

I just checked the available settings. While I wasn't going to show the addresses of \those sending messages, that isn't an option. In other words, Groups.io allows you to have e-mail addresses someone writes in the message body shown or not shown. It never allows the addresses of those appearing in the from line of messages to be shown.

The proposed change would allow addresses a member might write in the message body to be shown, such as the address of a Brailler repair business. The address of the message sender wouldn't be shown.

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 04:50 PM, Gene wrote:
The address of the message sender wouldn't be shown.
-
Unless it were to be included by the author in the body or signature text and the person reading via the web interface is logged in when reading.   Whatever it is that is represented by the . . . in the two examples in Laz's test message would be written out in their entirety.  But if someone includes an e-mail address in a signature the presumption is that it will be visible to all recipients to begin with.