From: "Lisa Belville" <missktlab1217@frontier.com>
To: "Tech Talk" <main@TechTalk.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2021 9:09 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] Texting using the PC

Hi, all. I need to use my PC to text someone using either Tracphone or Straight talk as their cell carrier. does anyone know how to do this or is it still possible to text from a PC? I know I can do this with Verizon, but uh, my phone is having issues, and the PC is my only option.

Thanks

Lisa

--
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@frontier.com

Mike B

Hi Lisa,

Depending on where your friends live probably determines who or what cell carrier towers they use.
Featured snippet from the web
Straight Talk is a type of carrier known as an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator), which means that it doesn't run or own a wireless network. Instead,
it purchases the right to use towers from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint.

TracFone is the same as Straight Talk but, they use service including Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US, Sprint Corporation, and U.S. Cellular.
So, it would be hard to know what domain to tell you to use without knowing their phone numbers and running the phone numbers through a cell number identification type service.  Try the link below.

As you may or may not know, it is possible to use a PC or Mack to text
someone to their telephone.  In the past a listing of all SMS gateways
has been referenced.  However this page has not been updated since 2007
and some information is out of date.

Here is a site that allows you to type in an individual
phone number and get the Free SMS gateway address.  This makes it a lot
easier.  All you need is the person's phone number and this web page.
Type it in the search box, click the search button and the proper sms gateway beginning with the ten digit phone number will be displayed.  Tip, use Google Chrome to solve the captcha if one appears.

http://www.freesmsgateway.info/

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

Hi Lisa, for StraightTalk you can try entering the ten digit phone number
followed by the following:
@mypixmessages.com
I received a text the other day from someone using StraightTalk and that is
how it came through...

Dane

> Hi, all. I need to use my PC to text someone using either Tracphone or
> Straight talk as their cell carrier. does anyone know how to do this or is
> it still possible to text from a PC? I know I can do this with Verizon,
> but uh, my phone is having issues, and the PC is my only option.
>

> Thanks
>

> Lisa
>

> --
> Lisa Belville
> missktlab1217@...

Lisa Belville

Mike, thanks so much for this.  I actually have had this site listed in my favorites for a while now, but never had a need to use it.  Then when I checked it out today it's got a ton of extra stuff on there and I didn't want to just type in someone's phone number and have them get spammed.

Lisa Belville
missktlab1217@...
On 4/27/2021 11:42 AM, Mike B wrote:

Hi Lisa,

Depending on where your friends live probably determines who or what cell carrier towers they use.
Featured snippet from the web
Straight Talk is a type of carrier known as an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator), which means that it doesn't run or own a wireless network. Instead,
it purchases the right to use towers from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint.

TracFone is the same as Straight Talk but, they use service including Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US, Sprint Corporation, and U.S. Cellular.
So, it would be hard to know what domain to tell you to use without knowing their phone numbers and running the phone numbers through a cell number identification type service.  Try the link below.

As you may or may not know, it is possible to use a PC or Mack to text
someone to their telephone.  In the past a listing of all SMS gateways
has been referenced.  However this page has not been updated since 2007
and some information is out of date.

Here is a site that allows you to type in an individual
phone number and get the Free SMS gateway address.  This makes it a lot
easier.  All you need is the person's phone number and this web page.
Type it in the search box, click the search button and the proper sms gateway beginning with the ten digit phone number will be displayed.  Tip, use Google Chrome to solve the captcha if one appears.

http://www.freesmsgateway.info/

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

> Hi, all. I need to use my PC to text someone using either Tracphone or
> Straight talk as their cell carrier. does anyone know how to do this or is
> it still possible to text from a PC? I know I can do this with Verizon,
> but uh, my phone is having issues, and the PC is my only option.
>

> Thanks
>

> Lisa
>

> --
> Lisa Belville
> missktlab1217@...

Lisa Belville

Dane, thanks for this.  I'll keep it handy, but I'll hope I won't need to use it any time soon.  <grin>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa Belville" <missktlab1217@frontier.com>