Topics

the second eposod of blind android users podcast is now uploaded and ready for listening.

in this podcast, we discussed the good maps app which is currently
available on android and iPhone, this app is currently available in
USA and Canada, but will be rolled out to other parts of the world
gradually.
the url to listen is.
https://blindandroidusers.podsite.io/
we are also available on google podcasts, pocketcast , and others.
enjoy.
and from the BAU team, marry Christmas and happy holidays.

Nimer Jaber

As at least two hosts of the BAU podcast are incredibly rude, Warren Carr and Austin Pinto, and don't reach out or respond to feedback, I am posting it publicly in hopes of shaming them into a response. Also, in hopes of letting list members know of the kind of hosts they listen to and support, when they choose to listen to this podcast. I tried subscribing to their "unmoderated" list after I was removed for no cause, and provided no reason for why I was removed. Yet my subscription to their list hasn't been approved. I also provided feedback on their last podcast, but never got a response. So maybe a public response will work, maybe not.

  I am reaching out, once again, to find out why you claim that the BAU list is unmoderated, and yet you have not approved my subscription to the list. I would also like to know when the blindandroidusers.com website will be up, as it shows a landing page at the moment, so the intro to the podcast links to a site that isn't up. I am wondering if your team has any plans of improving audio quality. The quality of the podcast was distracting to listen to, with the wide variability in audio quality. Finally, I would like to know if you/your team have tried the GoodMaps app outdoors. For me, the intersection notifications don't work reliably. There are many features missing from Nearby Explorer, so I would have liked for the team to address those. For instance, I would have liked the team to ask about the GeoBeam feature, as this was really helpful in finding the door to a building.

If I still don't get a response after this public post, I will be removing all three hosts from any list that I own, including the NVDA community and the Blind Tech Guys podcast within five days.

Also, as to not clutter the list any further, please post your agreement or disagreement privately at nimerjaber1@.... I normally would not do this in a public manner, but I am tired of seeing this podcast's announcements knowing how they have treated at least two former members of their list.

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber