From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 2:09 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] the Victor reader stream and bluetooth

Hi all,

I have a second generation victor reader stream and I purchased the Miccus transmitter/receiver from TalkingMp3Players.com last week so I can use a bluetooth headset with the victor reader.

I plugged the transmitter into the victor and turned on the headset which immediately said it was in pairing mode because it's new as well, purchased elsewhere, then I held the button on the transmitter for 8 seconds as the audio instructions told me to do, and near the end I heard the headset say connected but just a second or 2 later it disconnected again. Before I call for tech support I wanted to see if anybody might know what I'm doing wrong and why I can't get everything to work as it should, I suspect I'm not that far off getting it right.

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Carolyn,

On the talking mp3 site it mentions the Victor reader as being something that can be made to work with a bluetooth transmitter/receiver so that's why I bought the Miccus. I might just have to call and find out why I haven't been successful so far if nobody on the list can give me any ideas.

Troy

On 12/2/2019 5:08 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
I didn't know the Stream could pair. I just bought a Miccus last week too. The sound, using the cable is wonderful, isn't it?

I made the mistake of trying to pair it with my phone with my hearing aids on, because I need them, but they can pair. Tomorrow, since I've been busy all day today, I'll disconnect my hearing aids and get it paired, then re-pair my hearing aids to the phone.

I have a second generation victor reader stream and I purchased the Miccus transmitter/receiver from TalkingMp3Players.com last week so I can use a bluetooth headset with the victor reader.

I plugged the transmitter into the victor and turned on the headset which immediately said it was in pairing mode because it's new as well, purchased elsewhere, then I held the button on the transmitter for 8 seconds as the audio instructions told me to do, and near the end I heard the headset say connected but just a second or 2 later it disconnected again. Before I call for tech support I wanted to see if anybody might know what I'm doing wrong and why I can't get everything to work as it should, I suspect I'm not that far off getting it right.

Thanks.

Troy

Laz

Troy, Two things to consider first.

1. Did you put the transmitter and your receiving device close
together during pairing?

2. Are all other Bluetooth devices in the vicinity either turned off
or had their bluetooth turned off?

You may wish to use your mom's eyesight to see the pretty lights which
is a better indicator of what the Miccus Swivel Jack RTX is doing
rather than relying on your counting at the same speed I did which was
very slowly.

I paired mine with my Echo Dot so I can use it as a computer speaker
when I wish to play something on my computer for the benefit of others
and it works beautifully.

Laz

On 12/2/19, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@...> wrote:
[...]

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Monte Single

Hi Troy,

Laz is the owner operator of the talking mp3 business. Give him a call or email anad I'm sure he'll help you.

I have a second generation victor reader stream and I purchased the Miccus transmitter/receiver from TalkingMp3Players.com last week so I can use a bluetooth headset with the victor reader.

I plugged the transmitter into the victor and turned on the headset which immediately said it was in pairing mode because it's new as well, purchased elsewhere, then I held the button on the transmitter for 8 seconds as the audio instructions told me to do, and near the end I heard the headset say connected but just a second or 2 later it disconnected again. Before I call for tech support I wanted to see if anybody might know what I'm doing wrong and why I can't get everything to work as it should, I suspect I'm not that far off getting it right.

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Hi Laz,

I had the headset and the transmitter easily within 3 feet of each other but my phone and my echo were both within the same distance and of course they both have bluetooth so that may be the problem. I'll try it again some time today, this time further away from the phone and the echo, and if I still don't have any luck I'll give you a call.

Troy

On 12/2/2019 6:57 PM, Laz wrote:
[...]

Carolyn Arnold

I don't think that the Stream is Bluetooth capable, Troy. I hope you find out that I am very wrong.

I have a second generation victor reader stream and I purchased the Miccus transmitter/receiver from TalkingMp3Players.com last week so I can use a bluetooth headset with the victor reader.

I plugged the transmitter into the victor and turned on the headset which immediately said it was in pairing mode because it's new as well, purchased elsewhere, then I held the button on the transmitter for 8 seconds as the audio instructions told me to do, and near the end I heard the headset say connected but just a second or 2 later it disconnected again. Before I call for tech support I wanted to see if anybody might know what I'm doing wrong and why I can't get everything to work as it should, I suspect I'm not that far off getting it right.

Thanks.

Troy

Steven Johnson

I think Troy may just be having problems with more than one device fighting to pair with his Bluetooth headphones. I think he has a Miccus Bluetooth transmitter hooked to his Victor. When that happens to me, I will often just unplug or temporarily turn off the other devices to which I have paired a speaker or headphones while I am trying to get paired up with one particular source like the Miccus. I have had Bluetooth transmitting devices like the Echo often fight for my headphones if more than one of the transmitting devices are running and constantly trying to pair with my headphones.

[...]

Gene

If you get an adapter, anything with an earphone jack can be listened to by Bluetooth.

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 9:55 AM

I don't think that the Stream is Bluetooth capable, Troy. I hope you find out that I am very wrong.

On the talking mp3 site it mentions the Victor reader as being something that can be made to work with a bluetooth transmitter/receiver so that's why I bought the Miccus. I might just have to call and find out why I haven't been successful so far if nobody on the list can give me any ideas.

Troy

On 12/2/2019 5:08 PM, Carolyn Arnold wrote:
> I didn't know the Stream could pair. I just bought a Miccus last week too. The sound, using the cable is wonderful, isn't it?
>
> I made the mistake of trying to pair it with my phone with my hearing aids on, because I need them, but they can pair. Tomorrow, since I've been busy all day today, I'll disconnect my hearing aids and get it paired, then re-pair my hearing aids to the phone.

Laz

Troy, I will be out of the office most of today so here's the support
part of the email message I sent you.

Support
Further details and answers to common questions are found at
http://miccus.com/pages/support If your question is not answered via
the support page, feel free to email us at support@...; please
include a product name in your email subject line. For live technical
assistance please call
1 (616) 604-4449 Monday-Friday, 11am-4pm EST.

They're very good about dealing with blind folks so don't hesitate to
contact them directly.

Laz

On 12/2/2019 6:57 PM, Laz wrote:
[...]

It isn't Carolyn, but the Miccus Swivel Jack RTX is what's being
talked about here being used with the Stream.

Laz

On 12/3/19, Carolyn Arnold <4carolyna@...> wrote:
[...]

Oh then, that's good. I like the Miccus I bought from yhou, Laz. Unlike the cheapy from Ollie's Army, it navigates without hesitation. I talked on the thing for hours this afternoon, have it charging for a while now.

--
Affordably priced Accessible Talking MP3 Players, Accessible phones, Bluetooth devices, and accessories http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@...