Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 10:39 AM
Subject: [TechTalk] thinking of buying a paper shredder

Hi

I am thinking of buying a paper shredder off amazon. So which do you recommend? The ones that only do cross-cut? Or the micro-shredding ones? Will a paper shredder let me get rid of junk mail and other papers easier if they are shredded? Right now I just cut them into several pieces with a scissors and throw them away. I think I would like a way to shred up old papers and junkmail really really small so I can throw more of it away at one time.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Ann Parsons

Hi Josh,

Me, I'd go for simple. I have one here, has one button with three settings.

Your shredded stuff should go in the recycling been, unless your local animal shelter can use them. Mine does. they use it for the puppies' and kittens' cages. It's much easier to clean up than other things.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Holly

Ann and Josh:

Here, where I live, they don't want you to put shredded paper in the recycle bin. I would check with your waste collection company to find out first.

Carolyn Arnold

Shoot, Josh, you can get a shredder for about $30, just put paper in, and VOILA, shredded. I prefer a shredder that shreds in little saw dust, not strips. You might not be able to get a strip one these days. Of course, then the shredded paper has to be disposed of. I suggest that you line your container under the shredder with a plastic bag for ease of disposing.

I am thinking of buying a paper shredder off amazon. So which do you recommend? The ones that only do cross-cut? Or the micro-shredding ones? Will a paper shredder let me get rid of junk mail and other papers easier if they are shredded? Right now I just cut them into several pieces with a scissors and throw them away. I think I would like a way to shred up old papers and junkmail really really small so I can throw more of it away at one time.

Josh

@KM

I've had mine for over ten years. I would suggest getting a micro shredding as that makes the papers much much smaller. Harder for anybody to actually paste together. Mines a Royal but I cannot tell you how much I paid been too long to remember. It has one button. Push towards you for shredding and push away from you  two clicks to reverse if it jams. Usually doesn't. I use mine for almost all junk mail including credit cards and this also allows staples. Which I don't always catch with some of my own older stuff.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 1:39 PM Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

Hi

I am thinking of buying a paper shredder off amazon. So which do you recommend? The ones that only do cross-cut? Or the micro-shredding ones? Will a paper shredder let me get rid of junk mail and other papers easier if they are shredded? Right now I just cut them into several pieces with a scissors and throw them away. I think I would like a way to shred up old papers and junkmail really really small so I can throw more of it away at one time.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Michael Rodgerson

Josh, If your looking for security, I would suggest the cross-cutter
as it will cut in such a way that the pieces can't go back together, I
think they even make ones that cross-cutt and do confetti, but not 100
percent shure about that.

Hope this hopes

Michael