Topics

this pc = windows 10

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Hello:

I signed up here, because I think carlos is the coolest thing since slice bread.

Anyways, apparently, I’m still having trouble accessing my c drive an any other external drives when plugging them into my laptop running windows 10.

My daughter says, when I tell her, for example, I’m trying to locate my passport, which is the name of my 1tb external hd, she clicks on the mouse and then jaws says this pc, so how can I get to this pc via the keyboard?This pc is in the file explorer which use to show my c drive, dvd drive etc, but it’s not showing any of that.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Lol, I hate when I do that…?

I always post a question and then right when I send it, I figure out my own problem. However, with it being 4 in the morning now, I have no idea how I got there… I was just tabbing and down arrowing and poof there it was lol.

But, I couldn’t figure this out ever since getting windows 10 which is a few weeks now.

So, since my brain isn’t functioning right now, lets just forget this email ever came through…

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

I signed up here, because I think carlos is the coolest thing since slice bread.

Anyways, apparently, I’m still having trouble accessing my c drive an any other external drives when plugging them into my laptop running windows 10.

My daughter says, when I tell her, for example, I’m trying to locate my passport, which is the name of my 1tb external hd, she clicks on the mouse and then jaws says this pc, so how can I get to this pc via the keyboard?This pc is in the file explorer which use to show my c drive, dvd drive etc, but it’s not showing any of that.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Beth

Hey Kim, why not try
going to This PC from the Desktop by hitting Windows plus M.
That usually helps me.
The This PC thingy is also located in the Windows folders, I can't remember I think it's the last folder you have.
BethBeth Taurasi, Windows 10 edition,
Cell: 720-435-7407
Skype: denverqueen0920
Ms_denverqueen on Twitter
Instagram: denverqueen0920
Facebook: www.facebook.com/denverqueen0920
On 8/30/2015 4:58 AM, Kimsan Song wrote:

Hello:

I signed up here, because I think carlos is the coolest thing since slice bread.

Anyways, apparently, I’m still having trouble accessing my c drive an any other external drives when plugging them into my laptop running windows 10.

My daughter says, when I tell her, for example, I’m trying to locate my passport, which is the name of my 1tb external hd, she clicks on the mouse and then jaws says this pc, so how can I get to this pc via the keyboard?This pc is in the file explorer which use to show my c drive, dvd drive etc, but it’s not showing any of that.

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Beth:

I just tried it, navigating to the desktop and I don’t see this pc anywhere. I think I can pin it to the start menu from file explorer?

Also, it takes me to this pc every time my computer launches and I’m stupid and forget its open hahahah and close it then try to get to it again. I posted in another email that I manage to get to it but didn’t remember how as it’s 4 almost five here…

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

[...]

Carlos

Hello Kimsan,
On behalf of myself and slice bread, I thank you.  Welcome to the list and I'm glad to hear you worked out your problem.