From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 8:28 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] thunderbird updating automatically

Hi all,

How do I keep thunderbird from updating automatically? I was briefly
updated to version 78 something and when I looked under tools and
options there was a radio button for download but let me decide to
update. That's what I want but now that I've uninstalled 78 and went
back and installed a version of 68 that I have I can't find that option.

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Thanks Gene. They actually made it easier to find in the version of 78 that keeps getting installed, too bad it wasn't that easy to find in 68.

Troy

On 2/23/2021 9:24 PM, Gene wrote:
In options, move to advanced.
Then tab perhaps twice until you get to another list of options.  Down arrow or up arrow, whichever gets you there to updates.  Then tab around and set what you want.

Gene
How do I keep thunderbird from updating automatically? I was briefly
updated to version 78 something and when I looked under tools and
options there was a radio button for download but let me decide to
update. That's what I want but now that I've uninstalled 78 and went
back and installed a version of 68 that I have I can't find that option.

Thanks.

Troy

Gene

At times, in such dialogs, when you open a category and tab, you will find categories like this.  In this instance, it is a list or series of tabs, I don't recall which, that you up and down arrow in.  At other times, it is a set of tabs or perhaps a list, I don't recall just what I saw, that you left and right arrow in.  I haven't seen this often but I've seen it in advanced settings.  I would be particularly watchful in advanced settings tabs or categories as you tab around.

I know the interface was changed in recent versions of Thunderbird but I haven't compared enough to have an opinion about which is easier to find things in.

Gene