transferring programs and other data from one computer to another?

Shea Anker

Hi all:

I might be getting a new laptop in a few weeks, and I’m wondering if there is a way to transfer a few programs that I have installed, as well as my contacts from outlook onto the new machine. A few years ago, I did buy this device which linked two computers together, and I was able to transfer files and folders from the old laptop to the new. I do not remember what this was called, but I do remember that it wasn’t overly accessible with Jaws. I needed sighted help to use it. So, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I’m running windows 7 with jaws 14, and the new one will also be running windows 7 with jaws 16. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Shea Anker: BA Eng/Hist.

TerriLynne Pomeroy <tl1@...>

You might check with someplace like Radio Shack or Best Buy. They can probably help you.

TerriLynne

Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 9:32 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] transferring programs and other data from one computer to another?

Hi all:

I might be getting a new laptop in a few weeks, and I’m wondering if there is a way to transfer a few programs that I have installed, as well as my contacts from outlook onto the new machine. A few years ago, I did buy this device which linked two computers together, and I was able to transfer files and folders from the old laptop to the new. I do not remember what this was called, but I do remember that it wasn’t overly accessible with Jaws. I needed sighted help to use it. So, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I’m running windows 7 with jaws 14, and the new one will also be running windows 7 with jaws 16. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Carlos

The cheapest method is probably to enable file sharing so you can transfer files over your network.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] transferring programs and other data from one computer to another?

You might check with someplace like Radio Shack or Best Buy. They can probably help you.

TerriLynne

Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 9:32 PM
To: TechTalk@groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] transferring programs and other data from one computer to another?

Hi all: