Topics

Translating Jaws scripts from one language into another

Leo Bado

Hello everyone,

I’m thinking of translating some useful jaws scripts into Spanish, at least, that is what I would like to do; however, I don’t have any experience either scripting or programming, so I’m on the lookout for information about how to translate and test the scripts  post translation process. On the web, I have found valuable information written by the jaw’s scripter Doug Lee, and even when those guidelines have been described in  minute detail, I still don’t   know which program I should use to modify the messages and announcements  that jaws would verbalize, taking into consideration that files with different extensions must be modified for the changes to be effective.

So, I would really appreciate if someone can provide more information or indicate a website I which I can find further information.

Thanks!

--
Leo Bado

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
― haruki murakami,

Bharat

Leo,

I recommend you contact Fs themselves in this regard. Please write
across to their training department for this:

training@vispero.com

Personally i believe, you only need to modify one file which is the
script source file which when compiled generates all the other files.
You may translate all the messages given in the JSS file & test it on
your computer before you pass them on & that should do the trick.

Thank you,

bharat.

On 12/17/20, Leo Bado <leobado1982@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Juan Gonzalez <jgonzalezh614@...>

I would be able to assist you with this if you still are looking for help.

Juan Gonzalez

IT – DAX Analyst/IT Support Technician | Information Technology

Phone: 312 .666.1331 Ext. 3704

www.chicagolighthouse.org

[...]

Hello there,

I've already translated the talking clock script into Spanish, and I've tested the scripts myself.

Just in case you want it either for you or for other people, get it from this link:

WeTransfer

On 12/20/2020 3:41 PM, Juan Gonzalez via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Awesome! I will take a look at it. Might be useful thanks.