Topics

trouble with an hp wireless printer

Troy Burnham

Hi all,

I've had an hp wireless printer for a while, model 3830, and I rarely have to use it but I tried to use it this afternoon and the message showing on the printer was always that it was offline. We tried turning the printer off and on several times, and I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no help.

At one point my mom said that it did show there was no ink, actually the ink is likely just dried up because as I said I don't use the printer much but we left the ink cartridge in it the last time we used it, probably close to a year ago. Would the ink problem be why it's reporting to be offline and if not what else should I check? I have used the printer successfully in the past from this computer.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Troy

gbmagoo@...

You need to do a search and find HP has updated drivers for your Windows operating system I have a 3836 and had to do that twice already with window updates

On Feb 2, 2021, at 17:08, Troy Burnham <troyburnham34@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I'm running windows 10 here, so just type windows updates in the search box and install what it says is available then?

I'm only running windows 10 version 1909 because the last time I checked that was the only one available to me even though I was at least one update behind on those updates, could that be part of the problem with my printer?

Troy

On 2/2/2021 7:10 PM, gbmagoo@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

Gene

Unless the driver has become corrupted, it shouldn't be the problem. If it worked a year ago, the current driver worked. I don't know if updating the driver will help but if it does, it is because the current driver is corrupted.