Tutorial about how to create an audiobook with OBI

Leo Bado

Hello everyone,

Could someone share a tutorial, preferably in audio or video,  about how to create an audiobook with OBI, the software from the DAISY Consortium?

I got the quick guide, but sometimes it is easier  just to listen to how it works  instead of going through the written instructions. Thanks in advance.

Best,

Leo Bado

Taylor Durrett

No, I don’t have an answer to that, But I’m curious about it. Are you thinking about actually reading a book to make it into audio for someone else? I would love to do something like that for audible or some thing. And how would you do that anyways? Do you just read from a braille display But I’m curious. Are you thinking about actually reading a book to make it into audio for someone else? I would love to do something like that for audible or some thing. And how would you do that anyways? Do you just read from a braille display?

Taylor Durrett
Assistive Technology Trainer for the Blind and Visually Impaired
JAWS Certified, October 2020
(940) 230-6051

On Sep 26, 2022, at 4:59 PM, Leo Bado <leobado1982@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Could someone share a tutorial, preferably in audio or video,  about how to create an audiobook with OBI, the software from the DAISY Consortium?

I got the quick guide, but sometimes it is easier  just to listen to how it works  instead of going through the written instructions. Thanks in advance.

Best,

Leo Bado

Leo Bado

I wouldn’t think of recording or  editing  audio in OBI, I believe that such a features exceed the software capabilities. I just want to learn how to use it since OBI has potential to build accessible, easy to use didactic material. The index gives the possibility to build well organized content. I would definitely record and edit the audio in a total different software.

Best,

Leo Bado