I'm running a portable version of TwBlue snapshot on win10. It's a
snapshot from 2018, so tonight when I opened it and it didn't open,
and I checked task manager thinking it had hung there was nothing. The
first thing I did was downloaded the latest portable snapshot dated
10-27-21 and put it in place. I then copied over my previous config
folder and tried to start this version. To my dismay it's doing the
same thing. I checked windows defender thinking it was blocking the
app nothing.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?

Thanks.
Dave.

Sam Taylor

There has been a Python upgrade since the 2018 Snapshot you are using. It may be necessary to replace the entire portable directory with the latest TWBLUE snapshot and re-authorise. I can confirm the latest Snapshot is working well here.
Cheers
Sam

On 29 Oct 2021, at 12:54 pm, David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm running a portable version of TwBlue snapshot on win10. It's a
snapshot from 2018, so tonight when I opened it and it didn't open,
and I checked task manager thinking it had hung there was nothing. The
first thing I did was downloaded the latest portable snapshot dated
10-27-21 and put it in place. I then copied over my previous config
folder and tried to start this version. To my dismay it's doing the
same thing. I checked windows defender thinking it was blocking the
app nothing.

Thanks.
Dave.

Samuel Wilkins

I'm having the same problem, but I'm just using the standard TW Blue on Windows 10, that is, I downloaded the latest version for 32 bit and 64 bit windows. Has anyone else had this problem?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sam Taylor
Sent: 29 October 2021 04:12
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Cc: techtalk <techtalk@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] TwBlue stopped working

There has been a Python upgrade since the 2018 Snapshot you are using. It may be necessary to replace the entire portable directory with the latest TWBLUE snapshot and re-authorise. I can confirm the latest Snapshot is working well here.
Cheers
Sam
On 29 Oct 2021, at 12:54 pm, David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm running a portable version of TwBlue snapshot on win10. It's a snapshot from 2018, so tonight when I opened it and it didn't open, and I checked task manager thinking it had hung there was nothing. The first thing I did was downloaded the latest portable snapshot dated
10-27-21 and put it in place. I then copied over my previous config folder and tried to start this version. To my dismay it's doing the same thing. I checked windows defender thinking it was blocking the app nothing.

Thanks.
Dave.

Sam Taylor

Not sure when you downloaded it, but all versions were refreshed yesterday and the newest version, 2021.10.27 is necessary:

downloads | TWBlue

Cheers

Sam

On 29/10/2021 6:59 pm, Samuel Wilkins wrote:
I'm having the same problem, but I'm just using the standard TW Blue on Windows 10, that is, I downloaded the latest version for 32 bit and 64 bit windows.  Has anyone else had this problem?  

-----Original Message-----
From: main@TechTalk.groups.io <main@TechTalk.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sam Taylor
Sent: 29 October 2021 04:12
To: main@techtalk.groups.io
Cc: techtalk <techtalk@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] TwBlue stopped working

Cheers
Sam
On 29 Oct 2021, at 12:54 pm, David Mehler <dave.mehler@...> wrote:

Hello,

I'm running a portable version of TwBlue snapshot on win10. It's a snapshot from 2018, so tonight when I opened it and it didn't open, and I checked task manager thinking it had hung there was nothing. The first thing I did was downloaded the latest portable snapshot dated
10-27-21 and put it in place. I then copied over my previous config folder and tried to start this version. To my dismay it's doing the same thing. I checked windows defender thinking it was blocking the app nothing.

Thanks.
Dave.