TwBlue stopped working

David Mehler

Hello,

I'm running a portable version of TwBlue snapshot on win10. It's a
snapshot from 2018, so tonight when I opened it and it didn't open,
and I checked task manager thinking it had hung there was nothing. The
first thing I did was downloaded the latest portable snapshot dated
10-27-21 and put it in place. I then copied over my previous config
folder and tried to start this version. To my dismay it's doing the
same thing. I checked windows defender thinking it was blocking the
app nothing.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?

Thanks.
Dave.

Sam Taylor

There has been a Python upgrade since the 2018 Snapshot you are using. It may be necessary to replace the entire portable directory with the latest TWBLUE snapshot and re-authorise. I can confirm the latest Snapshot is working well here.
Cheers
Sam

On 29 Oct 2021, at 12:54 pm, David Mehler <dave.mehler@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I'm running a portable version of TwBlue snapshot on win10. It's a
snapshot from 2018, so tonight when I opened it and it didn't open,
and I checked task manager thinking it had hung there was nothing. The
first thing I did was downloaded the latest portable snapshot dated
10-27-21 and put it in place. I then copied over my previous config
folder and tried to start this version. To my dismay it's doing the
same thing. I checked windows defender thinking it was blocking the
app nothing.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?

Thanks.
Dave.

Samuel Wilkins

I'm having the same problem, but I'm just using the standard TW Blue on Windows 10, that is, I downloaded the latest version for 32 bit and 64 bit windows. Has anyone else had this problem?

[...]

Not sure when you downloaded it, but all versions were refreshed yesterday and the newest version, 2021.10.27 is necessary:

downloads | TWBlue

Cheers

Sam