Topics

Twitter Clients

Joe Orozco

Hi, is anyone still using any of the Twitter clients? I understand
Chicken Nugget is no longer working. Has anything else replaced it?
I’m looking to be able to run something on my PC. Thanks for any info.

Joe

Damien Garwood

Hi,
TWBlue and the Qube are still available, though whether they work or not is a different story. TWBlue hasn't had an update for over a year, and the Qube's last update was three years ago. Given how they're open source though, I wouldn't be surprised if they've been forked and maintained more regularly by others.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 03/09/2020 01:13 pm, Joe Orozco wrote:
Hi, is anyone still using any of the Twitter clients? I understand
Chicken Nugget is no longer working. Has anything else replaced it?
I’m looking to be able to run something on my PC. Thanks for any info.
Joe

Damien Garwood

Hi,
Forgot to say. If you want to try them out:
TWBlue: http://twblue.es
Qube: http://theqube.oire.org
Cheers,
Damien.

On 03/09/2020 01:13 pm, Joe Orozco wrote:
Hi, is anyone still using any of the Twitter clients? I understand
Chicken Nugget is no longer working. Has anything else replaced it?
I’m looking to be able to run something on my PC. Thanks for any info.
Joe

Ann Parsons

Hi all,

TWBlue works just fine.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Hope Williamson

Well minus some issues it works fairly well. If you don't restart it
after a while, it will start opening links in IE, instead of your
default browser. Also, it will fail to update buffers after a few hours.

lynn white

My TWBlue has issues where it deletes a bunch of messages and contacts. This is happening on more than one machine. Any ideas why?

On Sep 3, 2020, at 10:45 AM, Ann Parsons <akp@...> wrote:

Hi all,

TWBlue works just fine.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring
EMAIL: akp@...
Skype: Putertutor

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Fawaz Abdul rahman

I don’t have any of these issues and I never restart tw-blue unless my pc is restarting.

Anyway, I think it will  receive an update sometime soon due to these recent changes in twitter  api.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Well minus some issues it works fairly well. If you don't restart it

after a while, it will start opening links in IE, instead of your

default browser. Also, it will fail to update buffers after a few hours.

Hope Williamson

Software can receive updates all the time without receiving any bug
fixes whatsoever, in fact, sometimes updates introduce new issues.

David Moore

Hi there! I use TW blue. It works excellent as the portable version. You can install TW blue on your computer, but the portable version works much better. It has two options. You can have the window with the menu bar, or you can use it hidden using all key commands. I have Windows 10 2004, and it still works excellent in every way. David Moore