From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2020 7:10 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: [TechTalk] UPS my choice help needed

Hi all,

I signed up for UPS my choice but when I log in I don't see anywhere to
make changes. There's an area for driver instructions but when I clicked
there nothing opened up where I could put any instructions, so I had my
sighted mom look and she even found an area where it said that I could
receive a text around the time my package is delivered but she said
there was no way to enter my phone number there. Nor by the way did she
see any way to change the amount of time ahead of time that a text would
be sent, all that seemed to be available was one hour but from what she
read to me it sounded like that could be changed.

I'm expecting a package to be delivered this Tuesday, and I think I
mentioned earlier in the week that the UPS drivers usually will just
drop packages inside my gate and I don't know they're there, so I called
UPS earlier this week and ask them to add a note to have the driver
knock on the door, but they said they couldn't do that and they told me
to sign up for the my choice. If anybody can help me with where to go to
either give the driver special instructions, or how to set it up so I
receive a text shortly before the package is delivered so I know to
expect it I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Hey Robin, I actually thought about calling back now that I have the my choice account and I may do that tomorrow. Thanks.

Troy

On 1/12/2020 9:01 PM, Robin Frost wrote:
Hi,
I've never seen a text alert like that I just find text alerts for all movement for a package. Admittedly I haven't played with account settings in a while.  Have you tried signing in via the UPS app on an iDevice perhaps it'll be friendlier. Have you tried different browsers? Sorry I can't be of more help.  I do know there's an area under your profile to specify location for where to leave packages as to whether they always comply with that is still up in the air but at least it's notated.  Sorry I can't be of more help.
Their site isn't the easiest or most intuitive but then neither is the US post office so there's that.
Now that you have a my choice account perhaps calling into UPS might yield more help?
Robin

-----Original Message----- From: Troy Burnham
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2020 7:10 PM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io

[...]

Gerald Levy

Troy, even if you specify instructions on UPS My Choice that the driver knock on your door whenever a package is delivered or send you a text message to confirm delivery, there is no guarantee that these instructions will be followed. The best you can do is to track the progress of your package on the day it is supposed to be delivered.  Enter the UPS tracking number into the Google search field and visit the tracking results page, and refresh it frequently, like every 15 minutes or so, and as soon as you see that your package has been delivered, go outside yourself and fetch it if the driver does not deliver it to the front door and knock.  What really bothers me about this new UPS policy of not delivering to the front door is that the driver is supposed to obtain a signature from the customer to confirm delivery, but instead, some lazy drivers will simply dropthe the package outside  the residence, scrawl a signature themselves, and bolt off, and there is really nothing you can do about it because UPS customer service will give you a run around even if you demand to speak to a supervisor.  Good luck.

Gerald

On 1/12/2020 7:10 PM, Troy Burnham wrote:
[...]

M.E.N. <magpie.mn@...>

UPS is no longer required to obtain a signature unless the shipper requires it and I have never had them leave a package which is supposed to be signed for unless I am here and do sign.
Marie

[...]

Brian K. Lingard

Dear Gerald, Troy & List:
At UPS it is a hanging offense for one of their employees to utter the name of a supervisor or manager! Om the day the packaged is due to arrive, check Quantumview to see if it is out for delivery, then check if it shows as delivered. Once delivered, check the usual places they place packages. If a signature is required and the driver did not call at your door, beef about this loudly too the shipper and UPS customer service, be a real pest, phone customer service continuously for a couple of days. Encourage friends to do the same if they have screw-ups. Encourage shippers to check with Fed Ex or USPS. The only thing UPS understands is a mass exodus of thigh volume shippers due to UPS incompetence!

Remember, USPS always gets a signature!
Brian K. Lingard

Troy, even if you specify instructions on UPS My Choice that the driver knock on your door whenever a package is delivered or send you a text message to confirm delivery, there is no guarantee that these instructions will be followed. The best you can do is to track the progress of your package on the day it is supposed to be delivered. Enter the UPS tracking number into the Google search field and visit the tracking results page, and refresh it frequently, like every 15 minutes or so, and as soon as you see that your package has been delivered, go outside yourself and fetch it if the driver does not deliver it to the front door and knock. What really bothers me about this new UPS policy of not delivering to the front door is that the driver is supposed to obtain a signature from the customer to confirm delivery, but instead, some lazy drivers will simply drop the package outside the residence, scrawl a signature themselves, and bolt off, and there is really nothing you can do about it because UPS customer service will give you a run around even if you demand to speak to a supervisor. Good luck.

[...]

told me to sign up for my choice. If anybody can help me with
where to go to either give the driver special instructions, or how to
set it up so I receive a text shortly before the package is delivered
so, I know to expect it I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Troy

Troy Burnham

Since I started this thread, my package is due today so I called UPS yesterday and told them I have signed up with my choice and asked them to help me. They set it up where in the future I should receive a text one hour before a package is delivered, but that wasn't set up in time for today's delivery so I had to call back this morning. The only thing they could do this morning was to get somebody from the local UPS location to call me which they did, and the person I talked to locally got in touch with the driver and found out for me that he should be delivering my package around 3:00 today. I don't know if the driver will let me know in some way when he delivers the package so the situation certainly isn't perfect, but after this as I said above I'm supposed to receive a text an hour before a package arrives so I'll know to be expecting it.

I will say that I didn't find UPS's web site to be very accessible but once I signed up for my choice their customer service on the phone was much more helpful than they had been when I first called them.

Troy