Topics

Usability of Touch Screen and Pen on Laptops

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I am currently looking at purchasing a new, high-end laptop as I enter
college. For context, I use NVDA on Windows, am not interested in
Chrome OS or Mac OS, and I already use a Touch Screen Android
Smartphone for simple stuff. I prefer doing any productivity tasks
with keyboard shortcuts on my laptop rather than touch gestures on my
phone, so I am proudly old-fashioned in that sense.

Given that, how useful do you think is a laptop with a touch screen, a
touch pen, and other fancy touchpad related features? Do such features
have potential to be quite useful for a fully blind person? I am not
sure how much of a factor the presence of such functionalities should
play a role in my selection process.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts and inputs on this matter.

Thanks.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah