Topics

usb fan

Monte Single

Talking bout usb fans here.

A few years ago I purchased a small-2 inch diameter fan—for 2 or 3 dollars.  Now, when I look on line or check with local stores these are larger and cost  10 dollars and up.

Anyone know of a cheaper source?

Nothing fancy required;  just want to know if my p c is on, cause it runs so quietly.

Thanks,

Monte

Gerald Levy

You can still buy one of those 2 inch USB-powered mini cooling fanson EBay for $1.30 shipped like the one I bought.  Just plug it into a front panel USB port before you shut down your computer, and when it stops spinning, you know that you have powered off:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173922714482

Gerald

On 11/27/2019 10:38 AM, Monte Single wrote:

A few years ago I purchased a small-2 inch diameter fan—for 2 or 3 dollars.  Now, when I look on line or check with local stores these are larger and cost  10 dollars and up.

Nothing fancy required;  just want to know if my p c is on, cause it runs so quietly.

Thanks,

Monte

Monte Single

Thanks,

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent: November-27-19 10:15 AM
To: main@TechTalk.groups.io
Subject: Re: [TechTalk] usb fan

You can still buy one of those 2 inch USB-powered mini cooling fanson EBay for $1.30 shipped like the one I bought.  Just plug it into a front panel USB port before you shut down your computer, and when it stops spinning, you know that you have powered off:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173922714482

Gerald

On 11/27/2019 10:38 AM, Monte Single wrote:

Thanks,

Monte

Dragos Grecianu

Hey, search for the ones from benks, they are small and can work with android or ios devices too.

I paid for mine like 1 dollar when black fryday was here 2 weeks ago and I had to get one.

La 11/27/2019 5:38 PM, Monte Single a scris:

Thanks,

Monte

Monte Single

Benks?

Never heard of it.

Benks.com is some kind of online banking.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dragos Grecianu
Sent: November-27-19 12:16 PM

Hey, search for the ones from benks, they are small and can work with android or ios devices too.

I paid for mine like 1 dollar when black fryday was here 2 weeks ago and I had to get one.

Thanks,

Monte

Dragos Grecianu

This is what you can find on ebay from them, but you can find them on amazon too.

Note, this is the UK version:

https://www.ebay.co.uk › ... › Benks Portable Fans

La 11/27/2019 10:00 PM, Monte Single a scris:

Benks?

Never heard of it.

Benks.com is some kind of online banking.

From: main@TechTalk.groups.io [mailto:main@TechTalk.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dragos Grecianu
Sent: November-27-19 12:16 PM

Thanks,

Monte