Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 1:21 PM
Subject: [TechTalk] user name on laptop

Hi,

How do I set up my name Kimsan for the user name, as it says admin right now for this windows 10 laptop I just purchased.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Crap, do I need to reinstall everything?

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

You'll need to create a new admin account that would be named, Kimsan, then you would delete the old admin account.  I'll talk to you about this later.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 1:21 PM

Hi,

How do I set up my name Kimsan for the user name, as it says admin right now for this windows 10 laptop I just purchased.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

What I forgot to tell you is that when you set up the new admin account and delete the current account you'll lose your settings!  You'll have to configure your computer settings again.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 1:21 PM

Hi,

How do I set up my name Kimsan for the user name, as it says admin right now for this windows 10 laptop I just purchased.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

Mauricio Molina

Or, if you simply want to change the Admin name to your name, you can go into Control Panel and select User Accounts and change the name there. It is a simple process if the name change is just for display purposes.

Mauricio

Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 1:21 PM

Hi,

How do I set up my name Kimsan for the user name, as it says admin right now for this windows 10 laptop I just purchased.

Thank you,

Kimsan Song

Kimsansong@...

chris judge

Hi. You won’t have to reinstall any software. You will have to set any custome settings, set up hot keys, short cuts, etc.

Chris Judge